The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Library > The BSB Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Sad News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigpapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad News
    Posted: 17 January 2006 at 05:35

Hi- I just received an email that my friend, known here as Lawdog, passed away on January 12, 2006. Gary was a good and rightous man, and he will be missed. Gary was only 58.

May the good Lord give peace and rest to his immortal soul.

Respectfully,

Wendell

(B.P.)

Keep your powder dry.
B.P.
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 06:50
unbelieveable, and very sad!

gary brought a lot to BSB, and i am sorry to hear about this terrible news.

BP, do you have any other information?
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
NH_Hunter View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka The Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NH_Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 07:17
May he rest in peace.
Leverguns make me smile
Proud Left Handed Shooter
Bigpapa View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigpapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 08:21
Unfortunately, I have no further info.....Gary and I would send each other emails about once per month or so....I sent one today, and got a reply from his daughter saying simply that he had passed away on January 12, 2006.....I didn't feel right inquiring further.....I am still in shock....while Gary and I never met face to face, we have been Internet friends for several years, going back to the Shooters days....man, I still just can't believe it....R.I.P........
Keep your powder dry.
B.P.
mr mom View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 08:28

man !!!! this is a tough year for us at the baitshop !!!!

if it wouldnt be to much trouble see if yuo can get an address so we can send a card or something please.

mr mom
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 08:50

Yesterday I was just thining I'd not seen a post from him since before Christmas.

We will all miss him.

BEAR

samchap View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samchap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 10:08

Not the best of news. We'll miss him.  2005 has ben a "strange" year for me in many ways other than our losses here on BSB.

One less firefly in the field.

samchap - Waldoboro, ME

Be careful what you decide to not like. Your wife may wear one. Your son may ride one. Your daughter may bring one home. You may have to have one someday.
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 10:28

Man thats sad news for sure,whats going on latly.

RIP Lawdog

God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
Gunrunner View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
** Forest Grump **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 12:17
I'm really sorry to hear about Lawdog.  He was one of the good guys here.  Always seemed like an upstanding man and he held to his convictions.  He will definitely be missed.    
Somebody better call the Secret Service. Let 'em know there's an illegal alien in the White House...and it ain't the cook!!
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 14:01

Fella's;

I too am sorry to hear of his passing.  Kinda scary, I'm also 58.  That's far too young to go.  We'll miss him.

Godspeed, Lawdog.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Muleskinner View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
AKA The Crotchety ol’ Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muleskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 14:35
Vaya con dios, compadre.
Mule
Kingpin View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka Old IronSides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 15:04
He had a lot to do with us here, and I always enjoyed his posts. A real loss...........................Kingpin
There are times when a normal man must, spit in his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Dave Skinner View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

AKA "Fast Eddie"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Skinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 17:49
Another good one gone. Makes you think, doesn't it? 
Up hills slow, down hills fast, tonnage first and safety last
6Bits View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6Bits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2006 at 04:07
I am sorry to hear of his passing but I am sure he is in a better place than the rest of us now! So long for now Lawdog!!!
America Is Free! Thanks To It's VETERANS!!!
Hudge View Drop Down
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 05:04

I too am sorry about the passingof Lawdog. I have talked to him on other boards, and remember him as well from the old shooters board. A fine man he was. RIP.

The_Mountaineer View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
** West BY-GOD Virginian! **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Mountaineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 07:36

When it rains it pours.

Lawdog was a most knowledgeable fellow when it came to guns.  I enjoyed his input for a number of years since I've been here on BSB.  I am very sad to see him go.  I wish there was something we could do.  Farewell and see you on the range above.

Paritur pax bello - Peace is obtained by war.
Rockydog View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 15:26
A loss for all here. Lawdog was not only respectful but his professional opinions expressed from time to time made a lot of common sense too. And common sense is at a real premium these days. RD
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
tj3006 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

AKA King Leui VX-III

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tj3006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 15:31

I will miss his posts too !

I don.t know what to say hope he went easy and wish his family the best.  ...tj3006

Freedom 1st tj3006
Big John View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 03:12
I enjoyed weighing opinions back and forth with him here, I will miss that. God speed.
North Logan View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka The Legendary Lawman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote North Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 17:24

Sad news indeed. May he rest in peace...

Best Regards, Marcus.

"COLTS & PONY CARS"...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic