The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Rifles and Muzzleloaders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

BSB’s 1000yrd rifle challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
AKA The Thunder From DownUnder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 00:17

Hi Tikka, yeah mate I'm doing good at the moment.Survived a lot of hospital visits over the last couple of years and doing alright.

How's the greenest state in the land of the free?

Hope those Tikka's and car's are still going well?

Have a good one,

Macca

don't let the bastards grind you down.

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 01:41

Macca!!

Good to hear from you, glad to see yer still alive & kickin'.  Sorry to hear about all the ill health though. 

Stir up some of them other antipodians down there & let's here how things are goin' in the far south.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 02:27

Macca, nice to see you posting again.

I know the way that hospital stuff works.  Remember to enjoy the times when the medical problems are minimal...and get shooting.

I noticed in the standings you posted that the 6.5 and 7mm seem to rule?  But the winner was the only one using a 30 cal.  Are the BC of the 6.5 and 7mm that much of an advantage???

Stay healthy.

BEAR

macca View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 09:21

In light gun the 6.5 and 7mm projectiles seem to have an edge.I'm running a straight 284 win and that was the second group I'd shot at 1k.

In heavy gun it's all 30 cal down here.The ten shot groups and high speed 30's seem to come back into their own.

Good to be back posting here.

Macca

Muleskinner View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
AKA The Crotchety ol’ Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muleskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 04:54
We don't have no 1000 yard place to shoot.  How about a 200 yard target with the group multiplied by 5?
Mule
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 06:06

Mule

Here's a target for you

http://glockfaq.com/targets/competition/ibs_1000_200.pdf and

http://glockfaq.com/targets/competition/ibs_1000_100.pdf

These give you the sight picture, but not the wind and it's all about the wind.

RC

8Bits View Drop Down
.223 Remington
.223 Remington

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8Bits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 03:38

Well gents! I guess it's time to break out the ammo and head over to the farm for this Looong Distance Shooting at 1000yds. Now personally I don't know how anyone can compare a 200 yard target to one that has been officially shot at 1000yds.

Now this 1000yd deal, separates the shooters from those that think they are marksmen with a rifle simply put. March around here is a little hectic with gusting winds and turbulance. However, I'll see what we can do next week at 1000 yds with my trusty .264/.270WSM, Norma .6.5/284 and tricked ouit 7mm Rem. mag. I'll choose the best target for you to admire Boys!  

Edited by 8Bits
Thank A Veteran For Your Freedom!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 04:00

How can you tell if a target was shot at 200 yds or at 100 yds.  Simple, the one has no holes in it.  Wink

But since this thread came back up to the top...is it time for a shoot?

Rockydog View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 04:09
Bear, It might just be time for a shoot. What are you proposing? Should we go for groups or X's? Two 5 shot groups, average of the two, Or, a 10 bull page with 1 shot on each target? I'm open to most anything. RD
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 07:05

Well, first I think we should see what range people would like or can do?

Everyone has a 200 yard and 300 is fairly available.  True official 1000 yd ranges are a little tough to get to.

What would folks like.

Could do a 200 yard 375 H& H or bigger?  375/405/416/45-70/ 450/458/470 ?

Do we want bench or standing?   sitting? 

thoughts

8Bits View Drop Down
.223 Remington
.223 Remington

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8Bits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2009 at 15:01

BEAR....You know the one thing I never have come across on a hunt while in the field was a shooting bench. So it seems to me that one should have to shoot from a general shooting position, such as standing, sitting, prone etc.

I can appreciate the fact, that many don't have access to a 1000 yard range, so I will cast my vote for the distance of 300 yards simply put. I believe this is more in tune with what most rifle distance is when shooting at MAX distance on big game give or take a yard or two Bear. 

Edited by 8Bits
Thank A Veteran For Your Freedom!
Kingpin View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka Old IronSides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 15:48
Mule, just a little north of you you will find Port Clinton, bordering Camp Perry. I have shot 1000 yards there many, many times. You could even take the wife and kids (?) because Sandusky is near there and they would have something to do too. I think you'll like Camp Perry........................Kingpin
There are times when a normal man must, spit in his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Kingpin View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka Old IronSides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 15:51
Either one of those targets is fine with me. HEY! HEY! Do we have another postal match going here? Count me in. Just let me know when.............................Kingpin
There are times when a normal man must, spit in his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Kingpin View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka Old IronSides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 15:52
Pardon my ignorance!! Hey Macca!! Good to see you, and you better get well soon!!!!!..........................Kingpin
Kingpin View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka Old IronSides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 15:59
One more thing, I just saw the target that Macca shot. He can't shoot with us.......LOL. That being said, let's get it on and post the date and fee and judge. I can't wait.....................Kingpin
macca View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2009 at 21:21

Hi King,thanks for the kind words.

Hope alls well over there.

Looking forward to seeing these targets get posted.

Have a good one,

Macca

yankeebillie View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeebillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 05:30
This is our yearly 500 yard shoot i placed 5 th for the day was shot with a 22-250
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeebillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 05:31

Edited by yankeebillie
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeebillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 05:35
boy I hope I shoot better than i post the above group was shot at our yearly 500 yard shoot I used a 22-250 with leapold scope 6.5 x20 I placed 5th overall for the day
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 06:47
looking good, YB - welcome to BSB!
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic