The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Big Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

too much snow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: too much snow
    Posted: 21 November 2022 at 09:33
Home again.  Got one days hunt in DEEP snow.  Then next morning at 4 am found a total of 39 inches down.  I gave up, packed up and drove thru closed roads to home.

Dry here no snow.  After driving thru areas with 7-8 foot drifts plowed high, home seems like a different world.
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 13:17
Wife and I have holding our breath to here from you!Clap
We are SO glad your home safe, you know how to keep us on edge for sure.
To bad no deer cane in to town with you.
Confused
PS did you have your Alpaca socks on?
I tried mine out Sunday, very pleased.
10* all day in the field at times sitting for 45 minutes multiple time, feet where always comfortable walking or sitting, thanks bear.

Edited by d4570 - 21 November 2022 at 13:27
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 00:00
Alpaca socks on for sure.  also had sun screen, even though it was overcast and snowing.  I have surgery at 6 am today to remove some carcinoma from face, MOH surgery.

will chase deer in Pennsylvania on Sat.   opening day. 
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 21:41
Glad to hear you made it home safe. 

Hopefully your surgery went well. 
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2022 at 03:41
Got bandages all over my face.  doesn't interfere with vodka intake!!!

Taking wife, daugher, and her significant other out to dinner today.  decided wife is getting too old to cook.

leave friday at 9 am for PA deer camp.  still chasing bambi

d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2022 at 07:46

My boy and a buddy got three more yesterday.
Had to struggle through white out conditions wind snow and rain, aka mud. And but loads of people wandering the ridge tops and driving the graveled county roads.
Remember where we went PD shooting on the IX up by Big Sandy? That's where they camped.Big smile
Glad all went well Bear I have to go in next month to have some scarry looking spots on my face looked at.
Happy Thanks Giving to all. And if your wife makes you wear pants at dinner make sure there the stretchy ones.

Edited by d4570 - 24 November 2022 at 07:49
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2022 at 09:36
Nice critters.

I can see some brush...not 40 inches!

Did the wanderers keep the deer moving?   I like others in the woods, as it gets the deer moving around.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2022 at 10:10
Originally posted by BEAR BEAR wrote:

Nice critters.
I can see some brush...not 40 inches!
Did the wanderers keep the deer moving?   I like others in the woods, as it gets the deer moving around.

No not 40" the wind and rain kept it to about 6"
No the other people only drive them out farther away from the roads is all. They hole up in the BIG drainages and never move till dark, mostly.
He said they were 4 miles out in to the vastness when they got the three.Dead
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2022 at 23:34
That's a nice buck. 

4 miles is a long way to pack them out but it adds to the adventure. 

Edited by Wing master - 24 November 2022 at 23:35
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2022 at 15:18
Nice deer.
A 4 mile pack out is a YOUNG Mans adventure!!!!!LOL
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2022 at 16:14
yep,   i've had enough adventure
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic