The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Head for the Hills! > Transportation in the Outdoors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

muddy dog and the otter sled More field test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: muddy dog and the otter sled More field test
    Posted: 29 December 2021 at 18:33

I got the sled on it now two can go at the same time.

Edited by d4570 - 30 December 2021 at 13:51
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2021 at 23:10
guess you have some heavy runners on the sled???
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2021 at 06:06
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2021 at 07:38
Those look good.  I have a Jet sled I like, but it doesn't have the runners, so I have to be careful using it on non-snow.
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2021 at 08:43
We added them you should beable to also
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2021 at 08:49
Just ordered a set for my sled, bolt on.

the older I get the more I tend to use it on other than snow/ice/water.  So the runners should make it last longer.  Even without the runners It would probably outlast me, but I will  feel better dragging across rocks with the runners!!
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2021 at 13:53

BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2021 at 14:20
Very cool.   A new form of transportation.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2021 at 14:22
It's a real kick to drive too, cold but fun.

d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2022 at 18:32
When we were testing the new motor on the dog seamed to load up and not rape up fully. Thanks to our resident Small engine Guru LizardStar we fixed the problem. Right off the top of his head he said , IT SOUNDS LIKE THE AIRFILTER IS FROSTING UP.
Is it that easy? YUP I pilled out the paper filter put the housing and a course foam cover back on and used it today Here in town. It was zero* and some monster drifts going on. With two of us in the big black sled we went blasting through and over 2 foot drifts, and up 10 foot berms and across pasture like grass at 18 MPH, that's the same speed it runs with gust me. No more black smoke. We were also having chain problems at times the connector links would come apart. I'm having problems finding Riveted together connector links for #40 chain.
So I put the rivet end on my air hammer and left the fast clip off and just riveted the connector link pin over, they look just like the rest of the chain.
We ran it really hard and they worked prefect. I'll still keep looking for some that are made to rivet.Clap
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2022 at 19:01

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile  Great that it's running good again!

Any coyotes today?
Trigger Control is knowing when not to pull it.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2022 at 19:03
Sled and dog work today. Yesterday was dog day.
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2022 at 19:06
D,
  Do you have a wire welder?  Just a small spot of weld on the chain rivet end might act like a peened over rivet.   Maybe???

Trigger Control is knowing when not to pull it.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2022 at 20:42
HUMMM???

Edited by d4570 - 01 January 2022 at 20:42
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2022 at 22:55
That really is cool D. It looks like it runs smooth. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2022 at 18:06
Looks good that there muddy dog rig. did you ever solve the insurance issue???
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2022 at 20:40
NOPE non insurable.
I'll just have to pay the ticket.Ouch
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2022 at 06:49
Might need a camo white helmet?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic