The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Rifles and Muzzleloaders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Remington out of business

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remington out of business
    Posted: 08 March 2021 at 12:54
As we know Remington went bankrupt and was sold/transfered to a number of different organizations.  Presently it is effectively Out of Busniess.

There is no way to contact them for Support, no parts available from them.

I've been a long time Remington fan; but I would advise everyone to totally avoid buying their products. 

maybe someday, the some of the segments sold off will become a quality operating busines.  But for now they are wandering in a desert alone.  The Marlin  componet went to Ruger; and I'd guess Ruger will turn them around in a while.....hopefully.

I would expect, in-the-pipeline guns will start being sold at bargain prices.  But purchases will be risky.

They had 48% of the US ammo market and that is now zero output; maybe a big reason for ammo shortage.

“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2021 at 13:48
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2021 at 14:52
Hope they can get is started.

Note Vista has Rem, cci, and federal primers...all in one basket!

interesting quote "“I got to say I’m tired of all the hate mail, I’m tired of all the people showing up at our factories,” said Vanderbrink, in a video that shows him strolling through a plant bustling with masked workers making piles of ammunition. “I’m tired of reading the misinformation out on the Internet right now about us not trying to service the demand that we’re experiencing.”
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 21:13
Do you think buying a 700 would be a safe bet? Or maybe an 870? 

I was just thinking their has been so many of both of them built that you would think their would be a ton of parts around. 

It really will be nice to see their ammo and components start showing up on store shelves. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2021 at 06:35
Used 870 and 700 might be ok.  Most of the after market replacement parts (not upgrades) however were made by Remington, like Brownell's markets.

It has been 2 weeks no reply to my e-mails ,  no phone calls taken!
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2021 at 06:56
I have two E mails in to Brownells too with no answer.
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2021 at 09:38
Brownell's   has most Rem parts...for how long?   No parts available any where for Rem 783.....And I need a firing pin spring!!!!!!
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2021 at 12:03
Numrich usually has a good supply of Remington parts. But with everything that's been going on in the world of guns that might have changed. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2021 at 12:37
Unfortunately, no Rem 783 parts!
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 14:58
Is it because the 783 is a relatively new model?

That might be hard to find parts for. 

Wing master
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2021 at 08:36
Maybe!

My post was just to say,  IF Remington comes back as a gun manufacturer, they will still be screwed up for years. It takes time to get everything 'right'.   It will never be the same.

Been trying for months to get the new 783 working..just put it back in the case...will have to wait.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2021 at 12:19
I agree Bear. I just hope that some day they get close to what they once were. 

What is the problem with your 783?

Wing master
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2021 at 15:57
fail to fire.  light firing pin hits
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2021 at 17:28
OK. Probably pretty easy fix if you could get parts. 

Wing master
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2021 at 18:43
I was just reading about the Remington 783. Evidently the bolt parts interchange with a Marlin X7. 

I'm thinking if Ruger continues the X7, and they don't change the design, and the earth and a couple other planets align just right you could possibly get parts from Ruger some day. 

Just a thought. 

Wing master
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2021 at 05:12
I think the x7 bolt is similiar, but not exact.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2021 at 09:33
Mr. Wing,  I took your sage advice.  Thinking I'd but a x7 firing pin spring, and see if it works.  just $4-7.

Spent 2 hours on sites looking...all 'out of stock'.  I think both the x7 and 783 had LOTS of bad firing pin springs.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2021 at 13:23
When I was searching I saw a lot of people on forums said they had bad firing pin springs. Interesting. 

You would think Wolf or someone like that would make that spring but I didn't see anything about it on line. 

Wing master
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 05:48
I actually talked to Mr Wolff.   They do not make them.  He was not aware of problems.

Found a bad spring in a new Kimber last year, FTF.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 09:58
I can see quality control not being as good on lower priced guns. They have to save somewhere. 

But Kimber? Kimber isn't exactly a low end firearm. Hopefully that was the one that got through.

Wing master
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic