The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Head for the Hills! > Transportation in the Outdoors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

20 hours , but the boat is home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20 hours , but the boat is home
    Posted: 24 December 2020 at 14:56
We got a phone call Monday late afternoon.
Mud buddy , Hi guys, our delivery truck is just pulling in.
If you can pick it up by Wednesday you can have it for Christmas.
We will be closed after that till the 2nd.
Dang.
OK we WILL be there.
Cant get a cashiers check till 9:00 AM Tuesday morning.
At 9:10 we are on the road to Jorden Utah.
Got there about 7:30 pm, got a room and had to wait till 9:00 for them to open, paper work run though checked off all the questions we hit the trail home.
I forgot to mention we had snow and 50 mph wind from Butte MT to Jorden on the trip down.
Coming home was a bit better, no snow but a North wind all the way. That is 3 extra tanks of gas. Parked it at 8:35 pm.
All well worth it. it is sitting in the boys yard. Noww to put on all the cool stuff, maybe get it in the water Sunday. Big smile

Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 20:35
Wow, what a boat!Tongue   And, what a great Christmas present.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Trigger Control is knowing when not to pull it.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2020 at 06:04
Looks great.
That swamp drive must scare the stuffing out of the locals!

Need a red bow on it for Christmas.
Merry Christmas
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2020 at 07:50
We had some truck wire issues and ended up At harbor freight.
We got two red battery LED lights that we Gorilla taped to the prop to get it home in the dark. They have a flasher setting I will turn them on in Lew of a bow.Big smile
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2020 at 10:01
NICE!!!
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2020 at 11:29
Harbor freight...my home away from home.   Hope you had a 20% coupon!!!!
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2020 at 17:08
Bear,
  Just download the Harbor Freight app on your smart phone and you will always have coupons.
   You just bring up the coupons, the clerk scans them, and you get the discount.
Trigger Control is knowing when not to pull it.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2020 at 17:21
We were in the water today.
 I'll link a YouTube later.
We ran up to a spot we goose hunt with, the old Mudder, a two hour trip. made it there in 25 minutes, we were not hunting just putting on time for brake in. Slid over two sand bars on purpose.
We had to dodge a lot of floating ice and had to crack up a bunch to get in to our spot. This boat is going to be fun...
two guys 20 gal fuel, stuff, against the current, and had a head wind. 27 mph. We did not open it clear up.ClapBig smile

Edited by d4570 - 25 December 2020 at 17:22
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2020 at 18:27
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2020 at 18:57
nice video.  looks like it runs 'clean'.  was that the k guy in the boat while you took pics?

I think you made some good decisions getting clear of the tother boats for THIS.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2020 at 20:27
I think so too.
Yes I took the picks.
He did let my drive wail he got the truck backed in.
There will be a learning curve.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2020 at 23:37
Watched videos U posted D. VERY NICE RIG! Waaaaay better than my outboard rig. 
Congrats to the both of U for your new venture.Thumbs UpClap

IBD from Below Zero land of ice & snow!
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2020 at 11:19
Not a proper shake down yet! Requires blood and mud before you can claim it as sorted!

Wink
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
MapleHill View Drop Down
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MapleHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2020 at 18:07
Excellent D!! Looks like just the ticket for what you guys do out there! Enjoy
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2020 at 14:08
Very nice.

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2020 at 18:59
Thanks.
 The boy and his wife were out in it today goosen.
Limits both, and a fun boat ride.
12/27/20 30* and still using the boat.
We are going out at butt 30 to do some night calling in the boat.
 Calling for a low of +10* tonight, but little wind, sound like fun???
Let you know how a mud motor digs through ice.Dead
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2020 at 09:08
Like a chain saw!
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2020 at 19:00
CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry
After an 1 1/2 hour drive in thick fog still black as sin we pulled in to the dirt boat ramp on the Missouri river. The thermometer on the truck said 4*. Rafts of slush ice flowed past us at the ramp. A few whacks with a spud bar broke most the ice OFF the dirt bank we where using as a ramp, the strong currant flushed it away. We backed into the black water, the boat instantly froze to the carpet covered bunks, first thing this spring we will put on roller bunks. We had the air-cooled motor running wail we loaded and got the boat ready, still running in the water. I helped the motor get the boat broke free and about ready to turn it loose. it died. We hit the key and it would not turn...
Dang we drug it out, tryer to jump it off the trolling motor, no good.
Up on the flat we un hooked and mover the truck around and put the jumper cables on it and let it charge for an hour. it fired right up and we got it in the water and off we go the sky was light by then we felt good. About 5 miles up stream it stumbled and stopped running, and the batter was dead as it can get. it is an EFI motor and the computer will not let it run or charge if there is no battery.
This battery is buried in the bowels of the boat and extremally hard to get to. We could not get the other battery into its spot and the cables where to short, jumper cables would not stay hooked up.
Now what? We walked back to the truck and got the truck battery that would fit and walked back with it and some proper tools. About noon now and it had warmed up to about 25*. We drove the boat back to the ramp put it on the bank put the truck battery back in, put the trailer in the water then wrestled the boat in to the trailer and hand winched it up. WOW what a hunting trip. Unloaded our gear out of the boat, and home. Here there are no "Mud buddy" dealers or work shops. We found a place that checked the charging system and battery. It is charging fine but the New batter with under 10 hours on it was junk. We got two battery's one for starting the other is for trolling, lights, and fox pro but it WILL fit in as a back up for the starting system. "MUD BUDDY" Wii be paying for a new battery, but we are back up and running for the morning...

BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2020 at 07:09
It can only get better.  As you know, cold can kill a weak battery; works at 70 oF but dies at 2o oF. 

I keep an extra battery in my SUV always.  I couldn't figure out why I had battery problems one year;ate them and would still have a dead battery.  Headlight switch was bad and would leave the lamps on.  New switch, problem gone, but I still check the headlights at the front of the vehicle everytime I walk away!!!
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2020 at 12:00
I'm glad to see you got that problem ironed out. 

I'm not really a boat guy but I can't help but think of the Titanic every time I see one of your pictures boating through icy waters. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic