The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Library > Recipes, Cooking, Game Processing and Food in General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Best bear hunting lunch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best bear hunting lunch
    Posted: 14 November 2020 at 10:22
Next week will be NY bear hunting, I I just checked my lunch options.

One of my favorites is:

Brunswick Sardines- gourmet style fillets in Mustard and Dill sauce (distribited by Bumble BeeSeafood).  Add Captains Crackers, and a thermos of strong Earl Grey Tea.  

When I can't find Brunswick brand, I go with King Oscar Kipper Snacks-Lightly Smoked.

These are mostly protein, so I have one can at 10 am and another at 2 pm

Got 4 days lunch pack in my backpack.  I pack them in a zip-lok bag with a plastic fork so I can take the oily cans out with me at the end of the day...leaving them deep in the woods would be baiting.
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 11:18
Bear,
Aren't the bears in your area sleeping yet?
Trigger Control is knowing when not to pull it.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 12:47
be another 6+ weeks till they go to bed.  As for this BEAR, 6:30 pm my eyes get heavy, and my butt also!
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 14:44
Most of the big ones get sleepy as soon as the gunshots start the week before. They didn't get big by being stupid. Been warm though with plenty of grub available. The fight against nature to eat up is strong. I have hopes this year with little evidence to support anything of size.
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 14:45
Do bears get Covid? Early fatigue is a symptom!

BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2020 at 06:49
I've got constant fatigue!   

what is that a symptom?
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2020 at 08:42
OK you guys may have your finger on my problem ( get your mind out of the gutter). My lunch is catered with wine and music the bears don't seam to react as well to that maybe. Bear course!!!!
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2020 at 08:47
desert can be an apple, then toss away the core, within 75 yards and keep scope on 3x!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2020 at 08:55
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2020 at 10:38
D,
 Maybe you need to look for a bear around here?

d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2020 at 11:25
The last time I did I got two Libs standing to close and a commie by accident. S.S.S.Confused
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2020 at 12:33
D,
   There are plenty of those around here.Ouch
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 11:18
Anyone know if there's a limit on bagging libs???

Edited by Irish Bird Dog - 17 November 2020 at 11:18
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 18:07
I doubt you could put much of a dent in those feral critters IBD, but feel free!

I think the best Bear season lunch is without a doubt, bear tenderloin from the one you shot at breakfast time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic