The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Small Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

I've praised this product before, still good

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've praised this product before, still good
    Posted: 10 September 2020 at 15:25
Nose Jammer

I know you can never fool a coyotes nose but sometimes you can slow it down a little. if you set up right and the coyotes fallow the rules you don't need it.
BUT!
There are a few time they come in down wind especially in heave winds. So, why not use it just in case. I don't know if it works with deer or antelope but we use it anyway.
Thoughts?

Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2020 at 07:47
Interesting but never heard of such stuff...at least by that name. When my dad was young he said they wore their "barn clothes" deer hunting as deer didn't shy from manure smell.
Back then no special color hi viz needed for coats.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 04:22
should it  work for bears?
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 09:06
An old codger I know has been known to promote using cans of open sardines for a cover scent for bears. 😉
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 09:31
sounds like a great idea, with mustard?
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 09:42
It may work with bears, smells like coconut.
It is not meant to stop your sent.
Just confuse the coyote nose long enough to get a shot.
I have seen it work. One time the boy and I had to walk out a long ways to get to a point where the coyotes could not see the truck.
I put on Nose Jammer and boy didn't,Just forgot, anyway we had two coyotes come in wrong and the had to cross our trail we made in the grass.
The boy being a goat went right up and over a knoll I walked around so the tracks were 50 ish yards apart. 
Each coyote came to a different spot on different sent trails.
The one That crossed mine stop on the trail to sniff it out but kept coming.The one that hit the boys did not even put it's nose down. Like running in to a wall spun around and was in mock 2 in a heart beat. The other on had no more heart beat...Clap
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 10:05
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 11:07
Nope top to bottom, gloves, chair, seat, and foxpro, and case.
Just once a day.
 But if you shed top layers we spray again as needed to have the latest layer sprayed.

Edited by d4570 - 13 September 2020 at 11:08
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2020 at 11:18
I am afraid this product is fading like my 8mm RM.
Very good item just not popular to keep in stock I guess.
 I'm having a harder and harder time finding it.
I found it here at a good price. I should buy a case of it one day but for now I'll get two cans, that will run us the fur season.

Ouch

Edited by d4570 - 13 September 2020 at 11:19
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic