The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Big Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

emergency hunt!!!!!! !!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: emergency hunt!!!!!! !!!!
    Posted: 31 July 2020 at 11:13
| Domestic sheep grazing prompts emergency bighorn hunt

Wyoming Gov. Mark Gordon has approved an emergency early season allowing hunters to kill up to 32 wild bighorn sheep in the Owl Creek drainage beginning Aug. 1. The emergency hunt seeks to protect the largest population of bighorns in the lower 48 from pathogen-bearing domestic sheep owned by a rancher who has repeatedly clashed with state and federal agencies

“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 13:40
Why not shoot the sheep?
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 15:28
The rancher????
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 16:13
ClapThumbs UpBeer
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 21:10
All right now.....here is a loaded question. I would have to say the rancher is liberal...by proxy. Just because he has always been able to freely graze his sheep on public lands he now feels entitlement and should only have to be compensated for loss of said entitlement. Personally I would tell him where the bear shits in the woods. It's public grounds and thereby under the care and will of the public domain, rules and changes to policy should apply. For the protection of an endangered species, pack your roaming harem and move on. Sorry you lost some grazing area but sheep are about 25 bucks at auction right now.

Just me probably but it sticks in my craw.
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 23:03
The real story is that they are opening this small part of this area a month early. The number of tags is the same. The rest of the area will open on the regularly scheduled opening day. 

I do think they need to shoot the sheep that get close to the Big Horn Sheep. If a domestic sheep is worth $25 to $50 the game and fish could then just pay the rancher for his sheep. 

It sounds easy, but it is my expierence that ranchers in Wyoming are assholes. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 23:05
....unless they let you hunt on their ground!

Wink
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 23:10
Good point jsg.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 07:36
for a fee!
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 16:29
A really big fee.

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 21:36
...frickin,frackin lasso liberals!......I hates them varmints!
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 21:38
I'll take redneck ranchers anyday. Offer up game share on a hibachi with a beer and your in!
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 23:22
JSG

I'm afrad that was the good ol' days around here. 

Wing master
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic