The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Optics, Gear, Calls, Clothing and Other Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Courtenay's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Courtenay's
    Posted: 01 July 2020 at 16:04
Holy smokes! These are comfy and light! Not a big fan of two-toned, but for how comfy they are, who cares! Feels like a moccasin. Leather is soft and has the feel of a fine wallet, just molds right around the foot. I cut a 1/8” piece of cork for under my insoles and just sweet is an understatement! Wish I would have had these years ago. Big shout out to Jim over at African Sporting Creations, good people right there.
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2020 at 18:22
That's the reason I'm getting them is that they are real and not some kinda "pleather" Last pair lasted well over twenty years. Sure tennies are lighter and more comfy, but I go through a set about every two months of leather court shoes. At 80 bucks+ a pair, suddenly that price tag isn't all that unreasonable. Add to that the folks I work for are picking up half of the cost and I can write off the other half on taxes....justifies the purchase. Courtenay has extra long gaiters on the website...or at least used to. I looked about a year ago...https://www.courteneyboot.com/product/courteney-gaiters/ Yup, still got them! Good looking sling too.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2020 at 12:44
I like the full size gaiters.  those in post are for Africa, no snoww.  used to keep seeds/thorns out of sock tops.
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2020 at 08:45
Those look great.
 I'm a gaiter fan I have 3 sets, a General purpose Kenitrek water proof set, they come up to my knee, my favorite but there HOT.
I have a white set for snow they could be longer, and I have to ware them backwards, I just cant manipulate  the zipper in the back.
And a Camo set I use a lot as you would think, there about shot.
To bad north 40 doesn't carry those I'd love to try them on.
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2020 at 07:36
Had a part of one Kudu I shot made into these....https://www.africansportingcreations.com/laced-leather-gaiters.html
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2020 at 07:22
Courtney boots are very expensive but loved in Africa.  they are made in small town of Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.  they use wild game leather.  few beef cattle in Zim; but lots of game.  All the animals I shot in Zim were sold as meat in the food markets in Bulawyo.  the back hide from my caape buffalo went to Courtney's production (minus a piece for a wallet for me and a purse for my wife).

they are classic leather boots, so BREAK-IN is a must and maybe a little painful.  But once formed to your foot are comfortable.  I took to Africa a pair of brown leather/nylon mesh boots with small lug Virbam soles...worked great and were 3# lighter than Courtney leather boots.  Good boot for young guys...too heavy for old folks.  We are spoiled by the comfort and lightweight and fit of today's sport shoes (aka tennis shoes).
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2020 at 04:36
Sounds good though I meant something like this.

https://www.africansportingcreations.com/patrol.html
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 16:15
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 14:15
Who all is wearing them? Looking to get a set and would like the input.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic