The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Small Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

MYGAWDS - P dog 11 days

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 20:56
I knew when the shebang started I was out, wife planned out a vaca to the beach and well....high was 73 at the beach, sun popped out one day, wind a steady 25knots and the beach and all facilities closed by either weather or COVID-19...wonderful year for my book! I need a vacation to someplace with scenery and critters!
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 23:43
Bear and JSG

You guys could co-pilot out this summer and help me scout out some prairie dog towns. If Bear comes out he needs supervision. He has been known to single handedly shoot out a PD town by himself. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 23:54
I can't commit to hosting anything just yet, but I have been thinking about it a lot. 

We do have a pretty good selection of motels. I have never stayed at any of them so I don't have any idea on prices. 

We have several chain restaurants and some pretty good local places to eat. And a couple pretty good higher end places. 

This just might be doable. Everyone around here has forgotten about the China flu so that shouldn't make a difference. 

What do you guys think? Do you think anyone would show up?

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2020 at 07:20
I'd be there.  Motels and food are good in Gillette.

I'll start reloading now!
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2020 at 07:27
When?
I still do Papa daycare so I have to get the little Granddaughter
set up. She is to young to stay home by her self till mom gets home.
How long a drive is it?
I bet I can make it.Clap 
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2020 at 07:44
450 mile 6 hours if you drive WY style
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2020 at 08:29
Nope I drive Papa style.
 Set the cruse at 72 and never stop but to piss and gas.
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2020 at 08:33
I set the cruise at 58 mph.  get 31 mi/gal     and never pass.  

Lots of drivers like me and signal I'm number 1.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2020 at 17:32
Hey WM, I'ts about 400 miles closer to Gillette for me so I'd think I"d be in for p'dogs in WY.Thumbs Up Do we out of stater's need any special licenses or permits to shoot p'dogs in WY?
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2020 at 17:46
Please! What he said...
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2020 at 21:06
No licenses or permits required. All you need is a gun and some ammo. Same goes for coyotes and a bunch of other spiecies that the game and fish call varmints. 

The more I think about it I think we can make this work. I will be nowhere even close to the host that CB900f was, but I think I know where their is enough prairie dog towns to keep all of us shooting for a few days. 

Wing master
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2020 at 22:07
I'm in tell me when.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2020 at 23:01
Sounds good WM so now you have your next years work cut out for you. 
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2020 at 23:11
I'll try to get out and scout out some PD towns. I'll let you know how it goes. 

D,
You could always bring your little side kick with you. She would likely out shoot the rest of us. 

Wing master
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 07:38
Maybe.
 School thing...
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 07:52
She could make some of us look bad!
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 10:43
Originally posted by d4570 d4570 wrote:

Maybe.
 School thing...

Education is more than the current indoctrination going on in the public schools these days.

Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic