The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Small Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

MYGAWDS - P dog 11 days

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MYGAWDS - P dog 11 days
    Posted: 13 June 2020 at 19:48
OuchOuchOuch

!!!!!!!!!!!!Cancelled !!!!!!!!!!

Please see the last post

Edited by d4570 - 15 June 2020 at 07:40
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 18:49
Dead
Dead
Dead

!!!!!!!!!!!!Cancelled !!!!!!!!!!

Please see the last post

Edited by d4570 - 15 June 2020 at 07:40
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 22:31
Dale, 
Been holding off responding but now I know for certain I cannot make the trip this year. First time I have to miss in a long time too. Will miss you guys & the outing but hopefully can make the trip next year. I'll follow the postings to see how this turns out. Thanks for working to pull this off. 
IBD
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 22:41
   Hi D,
  As long as wetting rain is not in the forecast and becomes a gumbo problem for us, my plan is to shoot with the group for at least Thursday and Friday, and possibly Saturday as well.
  Even before the recent COVID surge I was planning on staying in my pop up camper near our shooting sites.  That way I can avoid motel travelers from God only knows where they might have been.  That would also save a long morning drive in the dark.
   I'm looking forward to the shoot and hope things will come together so it will happen.
   See you in 10 days.Smile

Smile
Trigger Control is knowing when not to pull it.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 07:00
IBD
Not a problem, Looks like Bear can't make it either.
Maplehill can't I have not hers from Tom or Garou_22.
Darn small turn out.
Mud has been a big Issue too, wet cold spring for sure.
Anyway maybe another year. 
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 07:12
As usual....IF u guys get to go...PICTURES required along with a good narration.
Good Shooting!
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 07:30

Will do
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 07:36
OK here is the deal.
It looks like we will have a down for the MYGAWDS.
Must be just a bad point in time for people to travel.
It looks the the response is little to none.
Bear, IBD, Maplehill, can't make it. None of the local guys have committed.
SO I'm afraid at this point in time the MYGAWDS 2020 is off.

CANCELED !
Dang 
Just could not pull it of this year, when do we start to plan 2021???
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 14:43
Their is a lot of turmoil in the country right now making it harder to travel etc. 

I'm looking forward to 2021 being a better year for us all to get together. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 14:49
Wing you have more P dogs than I do maybe we can work up a WY dog trip next year???
Hint, Hint!Wink
MapleHill View Drop Down
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MapleHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 17:46
We had high hopes to make it out there, but due to the circumstances going on in our country right now, we decided to hold off. I am crossing fingers that we can make it out there next spring/summer. We are, instead, renovating our kitchen/dining room. Making big points with mother... as my buddy said, "you'll be able to go hunting for the next 20yrs unchecked!" Wink
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 17:56
Happy wife happy life
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 19:13
Count me in for 2021,  maybe sooner.
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 19:28
MYGAWDS 2021
D4570
Heir Bear
???????
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 12:21
We do have a lot of prairie dogs. I'm not sure what it would take to host it here but I'm willing to try. 

I would need some pointers from everyone. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 12:45
First off you need to scout out the food then the Beer joints, maybe a motel or two.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 12:48
I volunteer to 'test' each and every PD town before the event!

It really depends on how many shooters we have.  Last year D found a super spot, but we had a lot of guys and the little heads either flew off or never came back up.  Then this year we have only 2 shooters with D.  Most big dog towns get shot out (lower population) by mid-summer.

This year the hoax was on us.  Maybe next year first week in June????  when ever you local guy think is prime.
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 12:50
100% on that.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 16:01
I'll start out by checking out the local Taverns. 

Maybe I'll get a chance to look for a dog town this summer. I'm thinking it might be better if I could find one on someones ranch. (private land) Maybe they haven't been shot at as much. 

I've never asked a rancher but people say that they usually let people shoot prairie dogs and coyotes. 

Wing master
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 16:38
YOU go wing!!!!!!!!
When I was gassing up I had a rancher ask MY to come out and kill ALL the P dogs on his ranch, and bring anyone who has a gun and Bring a LOTA ammo. All private no others intruding and drive any road.
BUT it's  250 miles north/east from town close to 4 hour drive.
 That makes it a two day hunt.
I'll call him sometime to see how serious he was.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic