The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Gone Fishin'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Big game

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big game
    Posted: 23 May 2020 at 17:22
Seems restrictions are being lifted and yet some are still in place, restaurants, parks and activities...etc. Beach is open though with distancing and I can't get out of the package so I need to find ways to entertain for a week in OC. Seems I may be able to squeeze in a day of fishin and considering it is white marlin and tuna time off the coast, a charter might be whats needed. Anybody got a noodles worth of input or connection in those parts? Girls would be happy just to catch bait, wife more the cork out of a wine bottle and forget she is stuck in a boat with us and me....I'll aim for a prize and just enjoy being anywhere but on a beach basking in my own sweat.
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 18:57
Going to open the Mt side of Yellowstone in June as well as Glacier as soon as they clear the snow off the road.
Calling for 90* next Saturday??? I'll believe that when I see it.
Going after bear in the AM,I'm betting it will be a long drive some 4wheeling and an empty truck when we are done.
Bet you cant get a parking spot on the river tonight, looked like the entire town was heading out of town today.
Or did you mean the BIG GAME ?
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 19:23
Well it's all a big game and whether it's fishing or hunting, I'm all in. I rarely have the time I'ld like for either though. Rather envious of those who do. I do hope you get the fuzzy situation sorted out this year and put that curse which shall not be discussed out to pasture. My bucket list has a big game fish on it and if that would happen, great! If not? I'm just happy to be out and will do what I can to make it fun and enjoyable for the girls. Now it's just about trying to get it together to make it happen.
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 16:27
I'm not sure where OC is but if you have any luck we would sure like to see pictures. 

Good luck

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 02:51
Ocean City MD.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 23:19
Ok Thanks. 

I'm still not sure where you're going but I hope you have a great time and get some Fishin' in. 

Ya see, I'm pretty much a Hillbilly from Wyoming that hasn't ever  been east of the Missouri river. Actually I haven't been to the Missouri river. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 02:08
Beach in Maryland.....Missouri river you say?...we gotsta change that!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 03:22
With all the free fed checks, it will be tough to get a charter now.

Might try a head boat.  some at Ocean causway.....they are close to the outlet, more fishing less riding.

enjoy
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 00:18
I'm thinking that Bear needs someone to help him drag a deer next year. 

That could get me east of the Missouri. 

Wing master
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 08:27
BEAR has been dragging bear mostly.  but always welcome.

Think you need a trip east; maybe drive see how much nothing is in Indiana and Ohio.  Visy Pittsburgh, western NY see Gettysburg.  Get to see DC, where your money goes (washington & jefferson monument, Viet. Wall, etc)  visit OC Marylend and get some ocean fishing.  Visit NY, return to gillette and appreciate where you live.
“ The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.”
MapleHill View Drop Down
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MapleHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 14:12
Don't forget Cooperstown. If you're a baseball fan it is a must see! Quiet little town with lots of tourist traps. Niagara Falls is close to Bear as well 
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 02:00
That sounds like the trip of a lifetime. 

Wing master
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 15:55
Moms on the wall in Cooperstown. Lotsa cool stuff to do if you make the journey. Bring your call and clear out my yotes too!
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 21:47
It's defiantly on my bucket list. 

Wing master
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic