The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Big Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Young and old

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Young and old
    Posted: 01 December 2019 at 08:21
Hunting with my neuphew (42) in central Pennsylvania for whitetails.  My rule is old guy shoots big buck, young guy drags it out.

Well, 'the kid' shot a 10 point giant buck, great rack...too heavy to drag alone, and 2 miles back in heavy woods.  shot at 2pm dragged till 7:30.  back treatment was 750 ml vodka.

I'll be hunting alone the next 3-4 days.  ice moving in now.  No sunday hunting llegal here so I'll relax. 
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 08:44
I use the same rule! 
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 01:51
Congratulations to your nephew. Keep him around to help drag your big buck out. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 02:26
Well......Depends on how old the nephew is to I guess. I mean sure, he may not be as old as dirt, but was he there when you came up with the name for it?

This is coming from a guy who has a granddaughter older then his youngest daughter.
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 07:26
He left yesterday at 10 am.  

Ice has let up some,  just fog now.  hunting my 150 yard from truck rule now.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 13:20
Had to explain that to my boy some years ago. Hunting smarter.

I offered to carry his rifle out though and keep him some lunch warm for when he made it out.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 13:23
Off for the next two after tonight. Couldn't cut a track on a fuzzy here in the fresh stuff so off to a SGL swathe a bit from here I like to haunt. Might even eyeball a deer while in there, drag isn't bad.
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 17:40
Good luck to both of you. 

Around here our season ended on November 30th. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 18:18
in at 5am  temp 28  snow and ice.  trees cracking and falling all day.  noon, just rain/ice.

4:10 pm one large deer working towards me; couldn't see rack.  waited till 5:15pm quiting time.  200 yards took 35 minutes due to ice/blow downs.  dark.

will be back tomorrow at 5am...love it.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2019 at 13:55
Bear, PA now has SUNDAY hunting or at least 3 Sundays to hunt. 
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic