The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Rifles and Muzzleloaders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Buy 'em now

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buy 'em now
    Posted: 13 December 2018 at 11:18
I know some of you guys are fans of CZ rifles.  I love mine, basically RF and CF  fulle stock models (manlicher style stocks).

Well, CZ-USA in it wisdom has decided to drop all FS models, Full Stock.  So what is in the distribution channel is all there will be new.

455 FS------rimfire
527 FS------small centerfire
550 FS----large centerfire.

All gone.

Wish I'd have jumped on that 9.3x62 CZ 550FS last spring!  but who needs two of them.
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2018 at 12:28
Thanks for letting us know Bear. I have been looking at a 455FS. I better look closer. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 09:36
If you see any 550Fs in your wanderings, let me know.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 23:40
I will let you know. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2018 at 10:49
I like my 452 American LH model in .22LR.....only thing they do have a Safety lever that operates opposite of what us Americans are used to. However, you can learn to live with that.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2018 at 11:02
Right on IBD,  that damn safety is backward.  I've been waiting for a law suit so they would do a recall.  No defending it as all their other present guns (except the 455 the upgrade from the 452) have correct safeties.

Took one lawsuit for Marlin to change their backward safety on rimfire around to the correct way.  Marlin never did a recall...that should get them another big $$$ loss.  As some people like me have two of  the same model Marlin, with each having a different movement for safe.

As said the 452 was replaced by the model 455, which is rightnow being replaced by the 457.  The 457 has a proper safety.

As You know I love the FS Full Stock manlicher style rifles.  I certainly don't need another rifle, BUT....... I'm weak.
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2018 at 18:48
Originally posted by BEAR BEAR wrote:

If you see any 550Fs in your wanderings, let me know.

I'ld be in on a magnum length for sure.
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2018 at 22:22
I'll let you know too JSG

Wing master
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2018 at 22:57
So there I was at my sisters dinner table and all the little heathens running about on a Sunday gift exchange amongst family. My son flops his butt down as we all sat around in our afternoon food coma's indulging in friendly banter to inform those of us manly types that he got his Christmas from his mothers side as well. A brand new 455 22 magnum. Seems they all pitched in as well as a couple hundred from himself to get it. Fine enough instrument by the looks, guess ammo is required to find out if it's a keeper. Any of you guys know how to do the trigger adjustment procedure?
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2018 at 10:50
Simple.  the trigger is easy to understand just looking at it.  Trigger can be adjusted down to about 3#.  Two locking  nuts compress the trigger spring, jsy loosen one and then run both down, and tighten both together to lock it there.

IF that isn't weak enough, You can replace the spring with a #144 from Ace hardware.  then it will go down to about 1#.

There are kits with shims to 'glue' on if travel/creep is a problem.  YO_DAVE is one.

REMEMBER THE BACKWARD SAFETY.  What model did son get?
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2018 at 16:06
Backwards safety model...musta been made by a left hander? Anyone find a way to reverse them?
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2018 at 16:32
no.  no conversion kits.

CZ lovers see no problem= dumb bunnies.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2018 at 18:58
Originally posted by jsgbearpaws1 jsgbearpaws1 wrote:

Backwards safety model...musta been made by a left hander? Anyone find a way to reverse them?

No LeftHander would do that...it's a European thing! Just as BackAssWards for us guys too on the LH Versions
( ie:452's)
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2018 at 20:37
Ugh, euro-libs. Make something useful, dangerous. Push the dangerous aspect to support your philosophy, then remove due to dangers they developed. What was I thinking.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2018 at 20:37
….coulda been a left handed euro-lib!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic