The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Rifles and Muzzleloaders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

NIB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NIB
    Posted: 08 August 2018 at 13:08
Sure "NIB" stands for New IN Box.

But what does that really mean?

never fired?????
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2018 at 13:34
Since they should all be test fired, at factory, normally means not shot/used by purchaser. Shouldn't have had scope or accessories mounted either.

Unless someone changed their mind/impulse bought, raffle prize, or it's collector/commentative series, I take it as marketing/sales ploy.
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

NRA Benefactor Life, GOA Patriot, SAF   

BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2018 at 07:45
seems if you got the box...you can say anything.

Selling a few of my guns, all the dealers ask..."do you have the box?"   I keep my guns neat, without abuse...but some are 40+ years old.
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2018 at 13:05
Nice Investment Buy
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2018 at 14:27
"New in the Box"  (NIB) could even mean "buyer beware"Confused....like in marketing ploy as was suggested or that the item is actually "NEW"...however, most certainly test fired by factory so never been fired may never be a true statement.

nice suggestion there jsb.

Ironically or whatever, some of my guns are lots of years old and I actually have many of the boxes yet stored in the attic. The guns while not abused certainly do show honest wear and the boxes aren't "as new" anymore either. 
Now to me the implication of dealer asking if you have the box for the gun implies what???...maybe it will enhance the value???? So, if the gun has a factory original box to go with it....how does that affect/enhance the actual value of the gun?????

Edited by Irish Bird Dog - 09 August 2018 at 14:29
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2018 at 23:04
I have an accumulation of S&W revolvers. I have a couple that look like they are NIB but who knows. 

I think having the box is only half of the equasion. Their is also the NEW part. To me that means no wear or scratches or anything else that gives any indication that the gun has been used. 

I also don't think their is any such thing as a 100% condition gun. Even a new gun has some kind of something on it. Either from handeling it or shipping it. 

Just my opinion

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic