The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Big Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Week of Aug 9th

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Week of Aug 9th
    Posted: 03 August 2018 at 16:30
Antelope and crane draw that week...
Swan is first week of September.
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2018 at 22:08
Surplus doe and cow tags go on sale 6th. I wish, I knew, if I drew for antelope first. I guess, I'll just get couple doe tags in each area, just in case.
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

NRA Benefactor Life, GOA Patriot, SAF   

BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2018 at 06:08
Most drawings are in June/july or early August.  that gives you time to plan your hunt.  I wonder why MT is so late???  tradition???
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2018 at 07:15
Originally posted by BEAR BEAR wrote:

Most drawings are in June/july or early August.  that gives you time to plan your hunt.  I wonder why MT is so late???  tradition???

NO JUST STUPID !!!!

They clam they have to check the population before deciding how many permits to give outAngry

Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2018 at 12:09
Mostly it's normal government nonsense. I know several long term MTFWP wardens, their take, while overall budget has grown, along with rest of state budgets, a higher percentage of it comes from Pittman/Robertson funding, due to increased firearm and ammo sales. P&R requires state to put up part of the money and they have to spend it on restoration, development and improvement of habitat and wildlife. Programs like grizzly, wolf, ferret, buzzard, sage hen, and the other restoration/study projects, take an increasing share of both the funding and personal, often at the expense of game animal research and management. Because they have to meet requirements of P&R or lose out on funding, that becomes their focus. Politically as long as it's overall budget remains the same, state would rather spend money it had previously used for MTFWP, for other purposes.

Of the research money spent on "game" animals, a large percentage is spent on Sheep and Moose, both studying why and trying to "fix" the large declines, in population. Because wolves are now considered a "game" animal, their study and management is also lumped into that part of budget.

Several wardens have said, other than opening weekends, they spend most of their time on restoration projects, instead of enforcement.
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2018 at 14:56
"Several wardens have said, other than opening weekends, they spend most of their time on restoration projects, instead of enforcement. "

As it should be...
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2018 at 15:36
I'd rather see my license dollars spent catching poachers, than painting a fence or washing a boat. There's a big difference between enforcing the law and harassing hunters.

d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2018 at 15:50
Sometimes.
Most are very good and I don't mind, there doing there job, BUT.
Some cross the line and they make them ALL look bad in my mind.
OuchConfused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic