The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Small Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

80* and 5 mph wind

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 80* and 5 mph wind
    Posted: 24 May 2018 at 14:25
Dang straight !!!!
I'm going calling in the morning.
A guy and his boy backed out but I'm still committed to going.
I busted butt to get the shade cloth top on the new pergola.
I mowed, trimmed,  weeded, and did a boat project .  
To free up the day, the daughter is picking up little GD at school .
Dinner will be crock pot stew,
 Free and clear.
Now if the dogs will come out and play It'll be a fine day.

On a side note, I got some fuel line tubing, tubing bender set, some 1/2 Aluminum  rivets, and fuel line clamps in the mail.
Stopped my the steel provider and checked on some tubing for my tongue project on  the bug trailer.
WOW is that stuff pricey.  $335 for a 20 foot  2/1/2 X 2 1/2 thick wall and a 20 foot 3X3 thin wall,
dang.
I have a plan in my mind on how to turn the rudders , should not be to complicated.

IF by chance a coyote blindly come with in 6mm range I'll have some pictures.
   PS last half of May and first part of June, is a tough time to call, mom is in the den with the pups.
D 

Edited by d4570 - 24 May 2018 at 14:28
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 15:23
good luck D.

Cables and pulleys are used on many boats and airplanes?
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 16:18
I would think you would only need, ten foot of the 2 1/2" X 2 1/2" and six to eight foot of the 3" X 3". You don't need to run full length of trailer, it would make strong backbone, of trailer by going 3 X 3, full length of trailer, but would be overkill, unless you wanted too.

I would use 3 X 3 from first cross member to end of hitch's A-frame, two foot to crossmember and another two foot to front of A-frame. I would then slide ten foot 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 into desired "road" position and put short piece of 3 X 3 to receive the end under trailer @ crossmember ( this would provide lateral support, for end of hitch tube, while stowed in road position ). I would then run 3 X 3 from end of trailer to first crossmember, this would be receiver for "launch" position, of hitch.

For your 2 1/2" X 2 1/2" tongue, I would drill one pin hole, that lined up with center 3 X 3 support, in road position ( aprox 6" from end) I would then drill hole in back 3 X 3 receiver tube, lined up ( aprox 6" from end of front end of tube) with the single hole in tongue tube. This would be launch position, leaving from 18" to 30" ( depending on crossmember spacing) of tongue tube, inside back receiver and 7 1/2' to 8 1/2' sticking out. On front 3 X 3 receiver tube, I would drill hole for pin, 18" of so back from front of A-frame, for tongue tube, this would leave couple feet of tongue tube, inside front receiver tube for "retrieving/loading" position and 8' extended, for longer reach. After pulling boat out, slide tongue back in to road position, replace pin and hook up lights and safety chains.

I would avoid putting second hole, in tongue tube, to line up with front receiver, in road position, this would severely weaken tongue tube, in extended launch and load positions and would cause failure point. I point this out, because, at the time of fabrication, it seems like good idea.
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

NRA Benefactor Life, GOA Patriot, SAF   

RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 16:21
By the way enjoy the nice day, some thunder boomers and downpours heading your way, started here yesterday afternoon and are expected through weekend. You don't have to watch weather, just look at calendar here.
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 19:26
pics...surely  some dogs down?
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 21:14
RobertMT
I need TWO tongues one in front and one in back.
 20 feet is probably over kill  but it's cheaper to buy a full "Stick" then to have them cut it.
Bear
I hope I can show off several dead coyotes. 

Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 08:21
I thought you were just moving one tongue (tube) from front to back, with receiver, for it, on each end?

I visualized, one on front, being up close for towing, down road. You would then support front with jack on A-frame, pull pin, slide out tube, and insert it in back receiver, leaving it sticking out 8'. You would then back boat in water, using hitch tube, in back, drive boat off trailer, and pull back to parking area. You would then switch hitch tube, back to front receiver, leaving it stick out 8', ready to load boat, which you drive on trailer, pull to parking area, put jack down, pull pin and slide hitch tube, back in close, for towing down road.

I would want trailer tongue up close, when driving down road and not have second, hitch hanging out back, to drag, as you went through every dip, on road.

Hopefully you can see, what I'm talking about. If you're not going to move hitch tube from one end to other, nor have it extendable, you only need the one tube, not receiver tube.

Local steel guy, sells steel by the pound and charges $5, for each cut. You pay about 10% extra per pound, for less than full length. They get most of steel in 40'+ lengths, so you're never really buying full "stick".

Edited by RobertMT - 25 May 2018 at 08:25

jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 09:12
Do you need a special license for those dire wolves you guys have?
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 16:50
Wolf , yes. $19 a 6 month season.
 You can use Elc. calls too, no baiting.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 17:25
So is "dire wolf" under the same tag?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mystery-wolf-creature-shot-killed-111901069.html

Kinda curious if maybe it was a werewolf that didn't change back. A lot of folks these days have been saying there is something in the water out your way so I'm packing my own from home next time I visit.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 05:34
DNA test will probaably show it to be a dog or a wolf cross dog.  So many people think owning a half wolf is cool?
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 08:07
I sure wish I had a job where I could strive for a 50% accuracy rate.
The wind was way winder then forecasted. I had to shift my hunt 50 miles to the west to find callable wind. Other then using up an hour , not a huge thing.
made a lot of sets, had lookers on most of them. They where hanging up at 500 yards plus for what ever reason.
Two did stray in to range, one at 450 and one snuck up on me to about 150 guess which one.

BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 14:56
6 mm power.

congratulations
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 16:24

D,

More 6mm ammo on the way from Missoula to GF.  If it didn't come today you should have it Tues. 
It looks like you might be needing it.
Trigger Control is knowing when not to pull it.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 16:54
I got a "Box" for 6mm from Missoula yesterday.
 Thanks Big smile
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 00:10
good show again D.....that 6mm is your good luck charm!

Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 07:55
IBD it didn't do us much good when WE went calling ....
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 20:48
Glad to see you got the dogs to walk into your bullets again. Those things are hard to train to do that for sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic