The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Gone Fishin'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Waders????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waders????
    Posted: 13 April 2018 at 12:30

Waders

I get a lot of years out of my waders, 20+.  I like to buy quality and take care of them, using them for trout fishing to duck hunting.  In the past I bought fitted waders, but all those good companies seem to have disappeared or gone to China.

Is there anyone that makes ‘fitted’ style bootfoot waders?????

I want 5mm neoprene.

Prefer waist high, but chest high are ok.

Insulated boot, 500 gr to 1000 gr thinsulate.

Built in suspenders.

Need a size 9 boot and a 31-32 inseam.

Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 08:59
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 12:40
Thanks Gary.  Your the net wizard here.

The first link looks good.  Not neoprene, made in Japan but they do offer  waist high.  which I like.  Guys our age should not go above thigh deep.  and with the waist high you don't sweat on your chest.

These multi ply are what I custom ordered from Hodgon years ago, very comfortable.
I will rethink my desire for neoprene.

The second line I found  last week, difficult to see their cost or models.  Probably need to phone them, they haven't updated the site in 4 years.  They primarily make wet suit.  Got my wet suit custom made 35 years ago...just slightly tight in some places (shrinkage?)
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 15:10
My idea is you cannot beat neoprene for waders...period. Tuff, flexable and they don't dry-rot like days of old...rubber stuff. Canvas way to heavy, stiff. The 5mm neoprene is best for cold water but in summer times the 3mm is good or for lots of moving around in early duck season...lighter yet. 

I still have one pair of stocking foot chest waders, 5mm neoprene and they are ok with a good pair of wader shoes BUT they are a bitch to get the shoes on over WET stocking foot. 

I have a Newer pair of chest waders that are 5mm also but has way better suspender system, like an "H" and are boot foot. They might be 1000gr thinsulated and boot part is heavy.
They are advertised as Cut for ....umm....I guess their polite wording is "for stout" but handsome users....guess they mean for me.Thumbs Up
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 18:54
Stout is the way to go for us short folk.  otherwise the crouch is 6 inches high===ouch.

As a younger dude, even with a wading staff, I fall.  rocks are hard, 5mm takes the pain out of a fall.

As a dibetic, my feet are important, but no feeling---boots are great.  Stockingfoot are to collect rocks/sand.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic