The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Small Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

11 days MYGAWDS stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 11 days MYGAWDS stuff
    Posted: 08 April 2018 at 09:20
HUMMM ?!
I don't like the looks of the weather out my window.
We got another 10" of snow last few days, down here in town.
I'm guessing it will brake the snow fall record with well over 75"
SO FAR.Confused
Its being said we could hit 60* by Tuesday. We will see.
Are normal temp is around 50* this time of year it's been some time since I saw the thermometer in my back yard say 50*
I hate to say it BUT we Need two weeks of our famous winds to get the snow off and then DRY the roads. MUD= BAD DAY!
Foggy( means no wind) cold 18* full cloud cover right now, calling for more of the same all day. Forecast  warming with a chance of  light rain, till Thursday the maybe some more snow, Little wind  all week.

DANG!

I know Bear has snowshoes and wool bibs BUT the rest of you guys Keep in it mind.

I for one will be keeping my fingers crossed .

Now.
Food ! I was bragging about making a tail gate Lunch with Rabbit Burritos, well, I have one rabbit in the freezer...
Looks like it's going to have to be a Medley . I'll get with the boy and see what he has left, I'll toss in the one bunny and a half a crane and If he has something special like bear, sheep elk otherwise    It looks like deer.
I'll grind up some pork shoulder to help calm it down, but there is a plan "B".

GOOD NEWS!
More gophers then  have ever seen running around and the grass/wheat will be short so we , if we can get to them, can See them well.

Edited by d4570 - 13 April 2018 at 08:36
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 09:31
I copied your pic and drew a crosshair on that guy.

Carring my snowshoes in a vehicle has not been lucky....it atracts mulie does, and it is tough to press the brake with the cedar snowshoes on both feet.

Can't wait!

Do the gophers have sex in the snow????
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 10:04
I guess we need to "Google" that question Bear.
 I have never witnessed it .
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 10:07
sort of hope it cools of their passion.  Save that running/chasing till we all get there.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 12:19
Not a good weather report from MT and only few days to MYGAWDS....pretty much same weather here near Lake Superior. 
I remember rain and mud from a few MYGAWDS ago.....down by some river that wasn't there anymore???? remember that D???? Still have MT mud on rain gear. That was p'dog day trip. Rained out as I remember....the day I forgot to bring my ear protection out to the shoot area.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2018 at 14:37
YUP!
I'm hoping  we can get out there this trip.
 The town has doubled in size since then.
Apparently I have NOT been doing my job.Ouch

Edited by d4570 - 08 April 2018 at 14:38
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 08:03
Is that the Gunbi hill excursion???

I walked in at 5'10"...walked out at 6'1'.  just got my boots cleaned from that stuff  yesterday!
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 10:44
YUP that's what I'm talkn bout
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 10:48
WOW, what fun  hope we get a wet day so the goop sticks tight.  The motel still has a rough coating.  

I'd rather walk in a cow pasture!
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 10:54
I think it took 3 car washes to get the MUD off my truck after that trip.Unhappy
Still have some of that mud on my rain gear.
Sunny here now and predicted to be 40* today.

New MT weather report requested d.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 11:01
Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. West southwest wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Southwest wind 6 to 10 mph.
Tuesday
Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 58. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 13 to 18 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph.
Tuesday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Southwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. West southwest wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
Wednesday Night
A chance of rain between midnight and 5am, then a chance of snow after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Thursday
Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 3pm. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Thursday Night
Rain and snow likely, becoming all snow after 7pm. Cloudy, with a low around 26.
Friday
A chance of snow, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 16:29
28oF   and snowing heavily here.  don't come here for gophers.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 14:13
This Afternoon
Cloudy, with a high near 54. South southwest wind around 10 mph.
Tonight
A chance of rain, mainly before 9pm, then isolated showers after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 35. South southwest wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 54. West southwest wind 9 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
Wednesday Night
A slight chance of rain between midnight and 3am, then a slight chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind 5 to 9 mph becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Thursday
Snow likely before 7am, then rain between 7am and 2pm, then rain and snow after 2pm. High near 38. East wind 6 to 14 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Thursday Night
Snow. Low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Friday
A chance of snow before 4pm, then a slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
Sunday Night
A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
Monday
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 19:24
12 days and?????
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 21:05
Counting?
It's crunch time for sure .
Today was grand .
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 21:36
sure not APRIL weather like we would want. Still lots of snow here too but been near 40* past few days. However, snow in forecast here for coming weekend.
Better pack rain gear and MUD boots sounds like.
Checked out the DOT cams in MT along hwys east-west and still snow nearly everyone of them dated 4/8/18
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 11:38
Today
Isolated showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. West wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tonight
A chance of rain and snow showers before 4am, then a chance of rain between 4am and 5am, then a chance of snow after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 32. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Thursday
Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 5pm. High near 41. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 9 to 14 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Thursday Night
Snow, mainly before midnight. Low around 28. Northwest wind 5 to 14 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Friday
A chance of snow, mixing with rain after 11am, then gradually ending. Partly sunny, with a high near 48. Southwest wind 6 to 10 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 55.
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
Sunday Night
A chance of showers after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
Monday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
Monday Night
Rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 27.
Tuesday
A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.

.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 14:34
Thanks for the MT weather updates....first thing about the pic from d.....No Visible Snow! 
Now the question is..... how wet is the landscape from the recent snow melts? 
Do the gophers need to be wearing life vests to stay afloat????Ermm

different tack now....will we be anywhere we will need state land use permits?  If so I want the cheap one that Bear gets!Big smile
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 14:42
You need to check off the box on the form that says:    "very good looking dude".

Not everyone qualifies!
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 18:02
Yes you need the $10 state/conservation  use permit .
You can get it on the PC.
Easy to do.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic