The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Rifles and Muzzleloaders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

22 LR copper bullets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 22 LR copper bullets
    Posted: 07 March 2018 at 14:00
anyone shooting. CCI Copper-22 Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 21 Grain Copper Hollow Point Lead-Free.

even if they don't shoot well, I'm thinking just shooting one every 3-400 rounds would cut the lead out of the bore.  less cleaning?

d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2018 at 14:17
They suck....
Used some last years shoot , more like a shot gun pattern then a group.
Under 40 yards they "OK" over that and they go astray and get so slow they may bounce off a gopher.
Save your $$$ and get real 22 bullets.
JUST SAYING !!!
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2018 at 21:50
I have better accuracy with lead vs washed, I haven't tried all copper yet. 22lr doesn't have the same leading issues, center fires do. I worn out 22s and never had leading, pressure's too low to build lead up.
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

NRA Benefactor Life, GOA Patriot, SAF   

RaySendero View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RaySendero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2018 at 05:33
I don't shoot any copper platted bullets in my 22LR.
I found I don't have to clean the bore very often using just lead.
Ray
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic