The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Small Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

MYGAWDS food

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MYGAWDS food
    Posted: 20 January 2018 at 17:24
I have an idea for lunch one day of the 2018  MYGAWDS !
I want to do a tailgate BBQ at the killing fields.
My boy has been making Burritos for some of our hunting trips.
 Been making then days before and freeze them up, we just put them on the hibachi for a half hour and POOF lunch.
 He has been using game like Mt sheep, moose, ext and beans cheese about anything. Wraps them in buttered foil so they brown and get crispy. Easy to eat with hands covered in yuck and no utensils or dishes.
My plan is RABBIT refried beans cheddar cheese, picante, and home made Tortilla shells.  
Now all I need is some bunnies...
went out today walked 3 1/2 miles in 4" of crusty snow up and down hills and dales . Shot the only cottontail we saw.
Hope you all don't eat much.
I'll keep trying.

Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2018 at 22:48
That sounds great to me. If you don't see enough bunnies by then, I can bring some elk or antelope meat. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2018 at 07:08
Sounds fantastic. D.

Walked 2 miles yesterday on 2 'ote set-ups.  No 'oyes, except for them laughing at me from  over a mile away.  BUT, lots of cottontail tracks.

Food has always been a part of the MYGAWDS...remember "MYG ....and WINE DINER SOCIETY".  just don't sneak any gopher parts into that mixture!
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2018 at 09:05
My ex is half Indian and half Italian, years ago when we were still married, we went to Sundance, SE of Browning. The kids would take buckets of water, pour them down PD holes until they came out, whack em with a stick and throw them on fire, rolling around until hair was singed off and they were cooked. They were a might gamey, but not terrible tasting. Way better than the dried fish, they lay the suckers out in the sun, they rot and dry about the same rate, it's better to politely refuse these.
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

NRA Benefactor Life, GOA Patriot, SAF   

Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2018 at 15:25
That's the first time I have heard of anyone eating Prairie dogs. I think I'll pass. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 00:21
Hows bout finding a good burger joint????
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
garou_22 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garou_22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 18:02
Got a few furry critters ruining around the yard, D. Come on out & take your fill! I'm around more often than not. Might manage a 'yote or two while you're at it.
Motorcycles, Firearms, and an ex-wife: What more does a guy need?
garou_22 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garou_22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 18:13
So, Saturday the 28th, Lorry and I plan to host Jim's commemorative dinner at the ranch house. How many plan on coming?
Motorcycles, Firearms, and an ex-wife: What more does a guy need?
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 19:57
Garou......I plan to be there and so will Lizard aka Jim L.

IBD
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 07:41
I'll be there.  BEAR
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 19:15
I am about 85% that I will be there. 

Wing master
A Bear View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2018 at 06:44
I'll be there Sat night.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic