The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Small Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

$$$ Coyote$$$

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $$$ Coyote$$$
    Posted: 17 January 2018 at 17:09
My boy just sold 9 Coyote pelts from Last year , to free up freezer space for this years crop.
$495 averaged $55 apiece.
just skinned and frozen not finished  .
 He is going to buy a 110 volt "flux core" wire welder with part of the cash.Clap
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 17:17

Great D;  didn't realize that they were worth that much.  Keep at itSmile.  What's your total since Fall?
Trigger Control is knowing when not to pull it.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 18:09
I don't know for positive but I think we have like 19 fresh ones.
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 23:10
Nice. Way to go guys. 

Can you pay for your gas, ammo,etc by selling pelts?

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 06:53
No way near enough to cover cost of getting the coyotes .
But kinda like a tax refund. A big chunk of cash to spend on cool junk !!!!Clap
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 07:49
Do you sell them to someone local?

Commerical tanner?
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 07:55
Commercial buyer.
He goes around city by city buying premium pelts then finishes them and takes them to Canada for the fur auctions.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 11:14
I can't find anyone local to take 'green' pelts.

Edited by BEAR - 18 January 2018 at 15:11
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 13:16
If it doesn't pay your expenses it sure is a good bonus. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 13:16
I need to learn how to skin those things. 

Wing master
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 14:54
J&M furs in Roundup, MT used to take them whole. You don't get as much as even a green fur, but it didn't used to be much of a discount. They make up part of the skinning cost, by processing and selling trapping lures.

I'm not sure, if you need trapping license to sell coyote, but you do for furbearers.
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

NRA Benefactor Life, GOA Patriot, SAF   

d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 15:05
Coyotes no, fox yes, Bob cat yup
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 15:16
Originally posted by Wing master Wing master wrote:

I need to learn how to skin those things. 

Wing master

Simple

First off you find a coyote heading out of WY on its way to MT. Wait for a good gust of wind.......then with a really big gun....POW! Now with a quick call to a fella in the Dakotas to catch the hide as it floats through, you will have just skinned your first coyote.

I could have just stopped with, "First you find a coyote", but what fun would that have been.
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 23:43
I have shot them with a 30 caliber. Is that big enough? It kills them DEAD.

Wing master
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 07:26
Having trapped for years, skinning s**ks big time.  And that is what it takes, big time.
Best way to do it is IMMEDIATELY.  the longer game sits after kill the tighter its clothes gets.

I like D way with a ganbrel and a boat winch right on the back of his son's truck.  Only hide comes home.

For deer, I use the golf ball method...slick.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 11:54
D definately has a good way of doing it. I have noticed when skinning deer that it's a lot easier when they are still warm. 

D, Do you case out coyote hides?

Wing master
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 12:55
Yes we do.
We "commercial skin" not "taxidermy skin".
We don't save the feet but keep the eye lids , lips, and nose.
Never want to brake off the tail or cut the belly skin, or there worthless. Also never drag them it will brake off the long hair and that's the $$$, don't drag a deer if you want to sell the cape either.Dead
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 22:09
You 'case' skin them, strip them down hide inside-out pulling over the body?
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 22:16
Wing, I was leaning towards a 5" deck gun. I mean sure you lose a little hide on the haunches and sometimes the entire front end, but just think of how much time and effort it saves! Not to mention mess and cold fingers. Time it to a good gust and you should be able to find the hide drying nicely on a Dakota fence!
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 23:30
That should do it JSG.  

Wing master
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic