The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Big Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Playtime

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playtime
    Posted: 26 November 2017 at 22:06
That's a cool video. I have had antelope come up to within 10 to 20 feet of me. but they weren't that close. 

Thanks for sharing.

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Goatlocker View Drop Down
.223 Remington
.223 Remington

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goatlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2017 at 19:05
That's not something I'd set for very long.  That buck wasn't being so friendly as he was mostly using that guy as a rubbing prop.  Buck could have caused serious injury in the blink of an eye if his mood swung suddenly.  I think I would have cautiously tried to put the tree between me and that buck until I could persuade him to move along.  Very weird behavior though.  I think the one I saw that surprised me more, and maybe goes to what op said above, was a video of some guys boating around flooded woodland in TX recently, and rescuing stranded wild life by catching them and putting them in the boat for relocation.  The guy was wading around,  and picking opossums from off limbs and stumps, holding them by their tails, and putting them into the open boat.  He actually was petting them as they stood in the bow of the boat!  They popped open their mouths as if to say I'm gonna bite, but didn't, as this guy just patted them on the head and rubbed them down the back.  Not me!
Goatlocker
Give me a fast boat for I intend to go in harm's way.
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 22:40
All creatures understand play and can sense when intent of harm is present. This little guy wanted to play apparently.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/11/21/8-point-buck-walk-deer-hunter/887841001/
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic