The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Small Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

One Fawn Killer Down.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One Fawn Killer Down.
    Posted: 16 November 2017 at 20:08
After seeing coyotes when I am deer antelope or elk hunting and not shooting them because I thought their might be something over the next hill, Several years ago I decided that it doesn't matter what I am hunting, If I see a coyote it turns into a coyote hunt. 

Today, I was elk hunting. I was driving to the bottom of a ridge and going to walk to the top to see if anything was on the other side. About half way from the county road a coyote ran across the two track about 100 yards ahead of me. 

I locked up the brakes, Threw it in park, grabbed my rifle and jumped out. I layed my trusty .308 over the hood of Ol' Rusty and found him in the scope. He was still running, so I whistled and he stopped. 

I could only see his head and neck because he was behind some sage brush. I put the cross hairs right at the top of his head and let one go. 

I wasn't sure if I hit him, but I didn't see him run over the hill. I walked out to where he was and there he was. I ranged back to Ol' Rusty and it was 262 yards. 

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Go-ddaed View Drop Down
.223 Remington
.223 Remington

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go-ddaed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 05:44

Victim of the truck gun.

Edited by Go-ddaed - 17 November 2017 at 05:47
Palindrome wannabe
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 07:19
Nice good job.  Yoi guys have good looking yotes there. ours are nasty I have never seen one , here with a good pelt. Heck most of the taxadremist's don't even want them in their shope here they are so nasty.
God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 09:04
Way to go WING!
Did you skin it out looks nice.
 And even nicer on your wall...Clap
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 10:53
Thanks guys. 

I wish it would have been first blood for the new truck gun but I still haven't got it ready yet. I had to order new bases to work with my scope and rings. 

I would have liked to skin him out and hang the pelt on my wall but I don't know how to skin a coyote. I will see if I can find a youtube video on it so I can skin the next one. 

I was just happy to get a shot at him. I don't know how many fawns they kill in a years time but I have heard they can be hard on deer and antelope. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 10:55
Tikka, 

I have seen coyotes that have mange, but most of them that I have shot looked pretty good. I don't know when their pelts are prime, but this one looked pretty close. 

Wing master
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 13:31
Wing and Rusty...what a team.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 22:00
Instead of saying I layed my trusty .308 over the hood of Rusty, I should have said I laid my .308 over the hood of my trusted truck Rusty. 

Wing master
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic