The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Library > Recipes, Cooking, Game Processing and Food in General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Sunday Morning Breakfast Casserole

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunday Morning Breakfast Casserole
    Posted: 27 October 2017 at 12:23

Sunday Morning Breakfast Casserole

I remember this being served at Easter Brunches when I was younger, including Easter Sunday in 1989, which was coincidentally also my 18th birthday.

Quote Breakfast Casserole

8 cups cubed bread, with crusts removed
1.5 pounds link sausage or ham, cubed
6 eggs
2.25 cups of milk
3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
3/4 pound of grated cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 large can of evaporated milk

Grease a 9x12-inch cake pan. Remove crust from bread slices and cut into cubes to make 8 cups. Spread cubed bread in bottom of pan. Cook link sausages, or ham - draining the sausage - then cut meat into bite-sized pieces and spread over the bread cubes.

Beat the eggs; add milk and prepared mustard, then pour over the meat. Grate the cheese and sprinkle it over the eggs, reserving a handful or two for the top.

Dilute the cream of mushroom soup with the evaporated milk. Beat until smooth and pour over cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.

Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for one hour; if using Pyrex, bake at 325 degrees.

This casserole may be prepared the night before and refrigerated over night before baking it in the morning.

That's all there is to it!

For myself, I would probably omit the ham and use a 50/50 combination of bacon and sausage. Also, I can see no reason why one should cut the crusts off the bread, so I probably wouldn't. I might need to add a little more milk, maybe a quarter cup, but I can live with that.

If anyone tries this, please be sure to post a photo! 

Edited by TasunkaWitko - 27 October 2017 at 12:24
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic