The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The CoffeeCorner > Keeping the Faith
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Todays Word

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Todays Word
    Posted: 08 September 2017 at 09:02
Guy's I hope these things I post are not in any way upsetting,offensive or going against what ya'll believe . Just to me a lot of it is help in a time of need. These things and the prayers have been a lot of help to me in the last 6 months. So starting this new topic I'm hoping will help someone else in the same way.
    Thanks Mike ,aka Tikkabuck
God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 09:05
Today’s Scripture
"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy…"
(Psalm 18:16-17, NIV)
He’ll Draw You Out
No matter what difficulty you may be facing, God has a plan to draw you out. You may feel overwhelmed, but know that God is reaching out His hand. He won’t let you sink, and He won’t let you slip. He’ll take hold of you and rescue you from the deep waters of opposition that rage against you. Scripture says that when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will raise up a barrier against him. If you are facing adversity, know that you are not facing it alone. God is with you, and He is for you.

To all of our friends and followers who were affected by Hurricane Harvey, please know that our entire staff and family are praying for you and doing everything we can to support those in need in our city. We know that God is working behind the scenes, and He’s going to bring us all out better and stronger than ever before.

A Prayer for Today
"Father, thank You for Your grace and mercy. I reach out my hand to You knowing that You are an ever present help in the day of trouble. I thank You in advance for all that You are doing and for bringing me to a place of peace in Jesus’ name. Amen 
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 09:46
I think it's great, Mike - please do keep posting them!
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 20:55
I don't always follow along, but I think it's worth while and if it helps you or others, so much the better.

The way I was taught, it's never harmful, to listen to a different point of view, worse case, you learn something.
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

NRA Benefactor Life, GOA Patriot, SAF   

Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 10:08
Today’s Scripture
"Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all."
(Psalm 34:19, NKJV)
Delivered from All
God is a mighty Deliverer! Today, you may feel afflicted, overwhelmed or burdened by the cares of life. Know this: God is working to bring you out of that difficult situation. It may not be in the way you thought, but you have to trust that God has your best interest at heart.

Afflictions can take on many forms—a sickness or hardship, a temptation, a difficult coworker or contentious family member. There are so many things that can come against us. Remember, those afflictions are only temporary. Stand in faith today believing that God is on your side. It doesn’t matter what your circumstances look like, why don’t you get up every morning and say, “This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it!” You may not feel like rejoicing in the moment, but if you’ll look out with your eyes of faith, you’ll see your Deliverer is coming. As you stand and trust the Lord, He will empower you to overcome all of those afflictions, and you’ll see His hand of blessing in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today
"Father, thank You for being my Deliverer! I trust that You have a good plan for me and that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Thank You for Your strength and peace in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen 
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 10:43
Today’s Scripture
"Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, ‘Peace, be still!’ And the wind ceased and there was a great calm."
(Mark 4:39, NKJV)
Peace, be Still!
What do you do when the storms of life seem to be raging against you? One time Jesus was with His disciples in a boat out on the water when they encountered a great storm. The disciples were very afraid but Jesus, on the other hand, was fast asleep. When the disciples woke Him up to see if He could help them, Jesus got up and simply spoke to the storm, “Peace, be still!” And the seas were calm again.

When difficult times come, you don’t have to be overwhelmed by the waves of worry or fear. Just as Jesus stood up and spoke to the storm, you have power in your words, too. As a believer, the Bible tells us that the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you. That means God’s miracle-working power is on the inside of you. He’s given you His authority to declare peace over your home, over your mind, and over your family. Remember, no matter what storms may come against you, the Greater One lives on the inside of you, and He’ll empower you to live in victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, thank You for filling me with Your Holy Spirit and for giving me Your authority here on earth. Today I declare peace over every area of my life and thank You for working things out for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Edited by Tikkabuck - 14 September 2017 at 10:44
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2017 at 08:38
Today’s Scripture
"As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you…"
(Isaiah 66:13, NIV)
The God of Comfort
Oftentimes when people face challenges, they seek comfort by surrounding themselves with things that are familiar. It may be work, a sport or hobby; it may be relationships; or of course, we all know about comfort food. But those things are only temporary, and they can only bring temporary comfort. True, lasting comfort is available, and it’s only found in a personal relationship with God the Father through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

According to Webster’s dictionary, comfort means to give strength and hope; to ease grief or trouble. No matter what difficulty you may be facing today, God wants to bring you comfort. Like a mother cares for her child, He longs to give you strength, hope and confidence. Make the decision to put Him first in every area of your life. Let go of those things you know are holding you back. Let Him be Lord over all! As you surrender to His grace, you will be filled with His peace and joy. You’ll be empowered to overcome every obstacle, and you will live in victory all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today
"Father in heaven, I come to You today and invite You to fill my whole being. Give me Your lasting comfort and strength. Empower me by Your Holy Spirit to live in the victory You have established for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2017 at 09:17
Today’s Scripture
"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"
(Romans 8:31, NIV)
On Your Side!
Joshua chapter six tells the story about how the odds were stacked against Joshua and the people of Israel. They were standing at the massive walls of Jericho that many thought were impenetrable.

I’m sure as he was standing before the well-fortified walls and gates of the city, many around him didn’t think his future was too bright. But you see Joshua had something others overlooked; he had the promise of Almighty God. Joshua had faith because He knew God was on His side, and God had already determined the victory. Sure enough, just as God promised, the people marched around the city for six days, and on the seventh day, they shouted the victory and the walls came tumbling down!

Today, don’t look at the walls in your life; look at the promise of God. He is for you, and if God is for you, nothing can stand against you. Get a vision of victory and don’t let it go. Keep moving forward in faith and obedience knowing that when you do, the Most High God is on your side!

A Prayer for Today
"Father God, thank You for Your favor, grace and victory in my life. I choose to trust You. I choose to follow Your leading. I choose to be faithful to You because You are faithful to me. I love You and bless You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 08:48
Today’s Scripture

"…those who hope in me will not be disappointed." (Isaiah 49:23, NIV)

Never Disappointed

What a powerful promise we have from Almighty God! When we put our hope in Him, we will never be disappointed. Of course, that doesn’t mean that things will always go our way. There may be temporary disappointments, but we will never be permanently disappointed. Somewhere down the road, God will cause it to all work out for our good. With God on your side, you will always end in victory!
Are you carrying frustration, worry or aggravation about something? That’s usually a clear sign that your hope is in the wrong place. If you hope in circumstances, it will deplete you of joy and peace. But when you turn those circumstances over to God, when you refuse to worry, when you refuse to allow the temporary things of this world to dictate your happiness, that’s when God can do a work in your life. When you trust in Him, He will make your crooked places straight; He will cause you to mount up with wings like the eagle.
Today, choose to put your hope in the Father. You won’t be disappointed. Trust Him because He is faithful. Find rest for your soul in knowing that He is good, and He has good things in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today
"Father, today I give You every frustration, every aggravation, every difficulty. I release total control into Your loving and able hands. Speak to my heart and give me Your peace. Show me Your love as I place my hope in You in Jesus’ name. Amen."
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 09:50
Today’s Scripture
"Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise…"
(Micah 7:8, NIV)
Beyond Critical Voices
Anytime you set out to do something great in life, there will be critics. If you’re going to be a great business person, coach, student, leader or employee, there will be opposition. The more success you have, the more opportunities there will be for distractions. The higher you go, the more haters will come out. When you start stretching to a new level and pursuing what God has placed in your heart, the jealous people, the critical people, and the small-minded people come out of the woodwork and start making negative comments, but you don’t have to let that distract you.

If you are under pressure today, if the critical voices are coming against you, know that it’s because you are making a difference. Don’t let them throw you off course. Instead, dig your heels in, set your face like a flint, and say, “I will not get distracted. I will not get drawn into battles that don’t matter. It doesn’t matter what others think; it matters what God thinks!”

Today, look beyond the critics. Stand strong in adversity. Press forward to what lies ahead and win the prize of life that He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to let go of the negative voices, offenses and hurts from critical voices. I choose to focus on You and the good plan You have for me. Give me Your peace and joy as I move forward in the victory You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name! Amen
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 08:57
Today’s Scripture
"Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
(Romans 10:17, NKJV)
Growing Your Faith
Do you desire to have more faith? Scripture tells us that faith can grow and increase. Notice that today’s Scripture doesn’t say, “Faith comes by having heard the Word of God one time.” It says that faith comes by hearing—in the present tense. We have to hear the Word of God over and over again in order for it to take root in our hearts and transform our minds. Sure, God’s Word can transform us in an instant, but most of the time, our faith grows as we hear the Word of God again and again.

Just as a seed needs water daily to grow, your spirit needs the Word of God daily. The more you hear God’s Word, the more you know Him. The more you know Him, the more you will be able to believe Him—and that’s what faith is!

Today, why don’t you choose a few Scriptures to meditate on? Write them down and carry them in your purse or wallet. Let that truth sink down into your soul. Let the truth of the Word transform you and move you forward into the abundant life God has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
"Father in heaven, thank You for Your Word that is living and active and growing in my life. I submit myself to You today and ask You to teach me Your ways. Give me insight into Your Word so that I may know You more in Jesus’ Name AMEN
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2017 at 09:11
Today’s Scripture
"He who pursues righteousness and loyalty finds life…"
(Proverbs 21:21, NASB)
Pursue Loyalty
Have you ever noticed that righteousness and loyalty go together? In other words, if we’re not being loyal—to our family, friends, country, job—then we aren’t going to experience God’s best. Loyal people are honorable people. When you’re loyal, you stick with someone through thick and thin. When you’re loyal, you keep your word to people—even if you get a “better” offer.

Loyal people are respectful of their country and leaders. Loyal people honor their parents and defend their family. When you’re loyal, you are a person of integrity. You build trust with others. Is this an area where you can rise higher? Are you faithful in the things you’re committed to? Can you be more loyal? Don’t let the distractions of everyday life keep you from being dedicated. Look for ways to show honor to those around you. Is there something you need to set aside for the sake of a loved one? Show love by staying loyal. As Scripture promises, when you pursue loyalty and righteousness, you will find the abundant life God has planned for you!

A Prayer for Today
"Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise of life in Your Word. Show me any area where I can rise up higher by pursuing loyalty. Help me, by Your Spirit, to be more faithful and supportive to those around me. Let Your light shine through me as I pursue righteousness and loyalty today in Jesus’ name. 
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 08:12
Today’s Scripture
"O LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! ...But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head."
(Psalm 3:1-3, NIV)
But God!
When David wrote this verse, He was in a very difficult situation. He was actually running for his life from his very own son who wanted to kill him and take over the throne. Can you imagine?! David was probably feeling overwhelmed, distraught, heartbroken, betrayed and abandoned. Have you ever felt that way? But notice that David didn’t just tell the Lord all about his problems. He told the Lord about his faith when he said, “But You, God, are a shield around me…” David made the choice to focus on God’s goodness no matter what.

We have to remember, circumstances may be tough, but God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. You may have a difficult relationship, but God is your Restorer today. You may have an overwhelming need, but God is your Provider today. The doctors may have told you that you have an incurable disease, but God is your Healer today. Things may look impossible today, BUT WITH GOD, all things are possible! If you’ll keep that constant attitude of faith and victory, you’ll see the hand of God move in your life, and you will experience the life of victory He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
"Father, thank You for always being faithful and working in my life. Today I open my heart to You and choose to focus on You instead of my circumstances. I know that with You, all things are possible in Jesus name. Amen
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 07:50
Today’s Scripture
"…God…calls those things which do not exist as though they did."
(Romans 4:17, NKJV)
Call Out Seeds of Greatness
Very often, we see potential in other people that they can’t see in themselves. When you speak vision into them, when you tell them what they can become, you can help set the direction for their life. Your words have the power to push people into their divine destiny. I believe that the reason some people are not living at their full potential is because no one has ever spoken faith into them. No one has taken the time to say, “Hey, you’re great at this. You’ve got a gift here. You’re going to do something amazing.”
I believe that one of our assignments in life is to call out the seeds of greatness in other people. Look around at who God has placed in your life. They’re not there by accident. Take time to study them. See what they’re good at. What are their gifts? What do they excel at? Don’t just think about it, speak vision into them. Tell them what they can become. Let your encouragement ignite greatness on the inside. Help them rise up in confidence so they can be all God has called them to be!
A Prayer for Today
"Father, thank You for the people You’ve placed in my life. I choose to be faithful, to speak life and call forth greatness in them. Thank You for bringing me to new levels as I help others rise higher in Jesus’ name. Amen."
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2017 at 07:47
Today’s Scripture
"Two are better than one…if either of them falls down, one can help the other up…"
(Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, NIV)
Push People Up
We all need somebody to believe in us more than we believe in ourselves. We all need people who will push us up, so to speak. After all, there are enough people trying to push us down in life. There are enough people telling us what we can’t become and how we don’t have what it takes.

I believe we all have the responsibility to do this for others. Let’s push people up. Let’s look with our eyes of faith and see their potential and tell them what they can become. If you will be that person for somebody else, God will make sure somebody will be that person for you.

Friend, every person has seeds of greatness on the inside. You can cause your children to rise to a new level. You can be the catalyst for your family to do things they never thought possible. Your words have creative power. When you speak vision, that can be the seed God uses to thrust them to a new level.

A Prayer for Today
"Father, today I commit to push people up. I choose to speak life and call forth the seeds of greatness within. Thank You for using me to help others fulfill their destiny in Jesus’ Amen 
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2017 at 11:55

Today’s Scripture
"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ…" (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJV)

Victory is Always on the Way
Isn’t it wonderful to know that God promises to always lead us into victory? That means no matter what is going on in your life today, no matter what’s happening in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, you should always be thanking God because victory is always on the way!

You don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to celebrate what God is going to do in your life. Praise is putting action behind your faith. In the middle of adversity or a tough time, start making a list of who you’re going to invite to your victory celebration. That means if you’re in the hospital, start planning what you’re going to do when you get out. If you lost some money when the stock market went down, start planning your coming-out-of-debt party. When things don’t look good in the natural, remember, we serve a supernatural God. With God leading you into victory, you can always plan for increase. You can plan for restoration. You can plan for a comeback. And you can plan for victory because He is leading and guiding you in Jesus’ name!
A Prayer for Today
"Heavenly Father, I give You thanks and praise today for the promise of victory. Give me Your vision for the future so that I can move confidently into the abundant life You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2017 at 09:01

Today’s Scripture
"One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18:24, NIV)
Right Companions
Your destiny is too big to accomplish on your own. That’s why it’s so important to be connected to the right people. We have to understand that God has already arranged for certain people to speak faith into you. He has already placed people in your path that will inspire you, challenge you, and help you acco...mplish your dreams. The reason some people never reach their highest potential is because they never get away from the wrong people.

Recognize today that not everyone can go where God is taking you. You’ve got to connect with people who understand your destiny and can call forth your seeds of greatness. You don’t have time to spend on people who are always pushing you down, telling you what you can’t do, or never giving you their approval no matter how hard you try. Friend, life is too short to drag people along. If you will get the wrong people out of your life, then God will bring in the right people so you can fulfill the destiny He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today
"Father in heaven, thank You for placing the right people in my life. Help me to discern the right connections You have for me. Give me strength to release the wrong relationships so I have room in my life for the people You have chosen to connect with me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2017 at 07:28

Today’s Scripture
"Remind people to be submissive to [their] magistrates and authorities, to be obedient, to be prepared and willing to do any upright and honorable work." (Titus 3:1, AMPC)

Raise the Standard
What do you do to honor God? A lot of times people think, “Oh, I go to church to honor God. I read my Bible to honor God. I sing and clap in worship to honor God.” And yes, those are ways to honor God, but did you know that you also honor God when you get to work o...n time? You honor God when you are productive each day and respect the people who are in authority over you. You honor God when you excel in your career.
Actions speak louder than words. When you give your very best in the workplace, your whole life is giving praise to God. Showing up with a good attitude, friendly, organized, being your best—people will notice there’s something different about you. They’ll want what you have.
As believers, we should set the standard in all areas of life. People should see the depth of your character and your spirit of excellence and know that you are a child of the Most High God. Today, make the decision to honor Him in all that you do because you are His representative, His hands and feet in the earth.
A Prayer for Today
"Father in heaven, I choose to honor You in all that I do. I choose to set the standard and do my very best. Thank You for the privilege of being Your representative. Help me to show Your love and excellence in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 08:54

Today’s Scripture
"And I will make My covenant (solemn pledge) between Me and you and will multiply you exceedingly." (Genesis 17:2, AMPC)

He Will Multiply You
God is in the multiplication business. It doesn’t matter what your need is today, God wants to increase you!

One time in the Old Testament, God simply multiplied the sound of four men’s footsteps and caused them to sound like a mighty army. When their enemies heard them coming, they took off running. Thousands of people, thousands of troops running for their lives, scared to death, thinking they were being attacked by a massive army, when in fact, it was just four people.

Friend, God can make you seem bigger than you really are. He can make you look more powerful. He knows how to multiply your influence, your strength, your talent. He can multiply your income or whatever else you need! You don’t have to figure it all out. All you have to do is believe. If you will release your faith and get up every day expecting God’s far and beyond favor, then you’re going to see God show up and do amazing things. He’ll bless you beyond your wildest dreams and multiply you in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today
"Father God, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for Your promise to bless and multiply me. Direct my steps, keep me close to You as I increase in You in Jesus’ name. Amen

BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 09:00
Mike, I'm not a Christian, but do periodically check your religious posts, and like them.  Never been offended.  Keep up the posts. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic