The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Rifles and Muzzleloaders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

New Rifle While We Were Gone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rifle While We Were Gone
    Posted: 15 August 2017 at 09:11
  Well I did it, and it's not a Tikka .  Ha Ha . It's a Weatherby Vanguard S-2 in 6.5 Creedmoor. Went with Weatherby  When Samuel approached King Saul, the king said that he had carried out the Lord's instructions - to attack the Amalekites and destroy them and all their livestock, sparing nothing. But when Samuel asked why there was the sound of sheep and cattle, King Saul knew he had been caught in a lie. Saul may have thought that keeping the best sheep and cattle for a sacrifice was all right, but he was deceiving himself. The young hunter who had taken another person's harvest was also deceiving himself.

Disobedience usually leads to dishonesty as we begin to rationalize our behavior to ourselves, our family and ultimately to God. We must strive to be obedient to God and honest with ourselves. King Saul lost his kingdom because of his disobedience and lying. 

What consequences do we endure because of our disobedience and dishonesty?
,because everyone we've had has been very accurate with glass bedding and some trigger adjustment. Jeremy's .270 WSM is a all out tack driver, always been one shot one kill.

First off this new ,S-2 stocks are really comfortable for me ,triggers are much better right out of the box ,and it has a 24" tube .

Why a 6.5 Creedmoor ? Ya'll know they put a port in my chest for chemo ,the cathter tube runs right next to where the butt goes. Nurse related a story about a fella that got his tore out,she said it wasn't pretty. Anyway did a lot of reading and figured what the heck,excure for a non heavy hitter . Big smile And I liked the ballistics.  Son Trav gifted me a nice Ziess scope for it seem's like it's gonna be a nice combo , now if I can just get to the range.

I'll try and post a picture if I can figure it out.
God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 10:35
Sounds good.  I love my 260 (6.5-08), cred is just a tad smaller and on a T/C case.

Wife has had a "smart port" for 10+ years.  No problems .

Hope the pic you promised is of the Vanguard, no the port.  LOL

Missed the connection....was it Saul or Samuel that was shooting the 6.5mm????
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 11:49
No luck on photos ,Photobucket won't work unless we pay a fee. and I don't know how to shrink down the photos. Need a computer geek in the house.LOL
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 12:05
Sounds like a nice rifle, Mike -

I'm pretty disappointed in PhotoBucket. For years they provided a service, and even provided IMG tags to post photos in forums; and now suddenly they jerk the rug out? Not cool.

I have not tried it yet, but I've heard that http://imgur.com/ would be a great alternative. Might be worth a try.
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 12:36
Yes, anything you posted in the past using Photobucket is LOST (unless you ante up.$$$).  this does reduce the worth of some of the technical archives.
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 12:42
For some reason, they haven't hit me yet. I haven't logged back into PhotoBucket since the big announcement, so perhaps that's why.

In any case, I know it's coming, and I'm not too happy about it. Angry
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 13:30
That sounds like a nice rifle Tikkabuck. I'm looking forward to a range report. and pics of your rifle. 

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 21:51
Try https://postimages.org/, imgur locked mine up with popups and Norton went nuts.

I haven't set up account or anything else, just resize and upload. Use hotlink for forums option.

You can resize to 320x240 or 640x480 which load pretty quick on most forums.

Edited by RobertMT - 15 August 2017 at 22:05
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

NRA Benefactor Life, GOA Patriot, SAF   

Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 08:29
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 08:41
I give up . got them to load but can't get them to load here.
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 10:12
After you up load pic, go to seventh option, "Hotlink for forums:", use that to paste to forum. You used second option "Direct link:" which seems like it would work, but it just posts address, to go and see pic.

Syntax should look like this, except it should have [] instead of {} I used as replacements

"{URL=https://postimages.org/}{img}https://s3.postimg.org/p7vfan883/2016-_US-_President-by-_Precinct.jpg.png{/img}{/url}"

Edited by RobertMT - 16 August 2017 at 10:24
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 10:26
Here's your pic for you.

PS I found 640x480 to be a good size, that's what size map above was resized to.

Edited by RobertMT - 16 August 2017 at 10:30

Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 19:14
tika I clicked on the link you showed and your rifle pic came up......
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 19:41
RobtMT....are there any bad things that happen if you install the photo link you posted and accept the whatever it is needed for it to work???????
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 20:39
I didn't sign up for anything, set up account, nor accept any downloads, from them. I just saved https://postimages.org/ in favorites or bookmarked it, depending on your software and terminology.

The downside of not having account, you can't create albums or edit pics, on there site. I just upload pic, selecting size I desire, select no expiration date option, select image, from computer or cloud. Once it uploads, which takes seconds, I ignore option to create account and click on copy button on seventh option down "Hotlink for forum, I paste this to message area of forum, inline if I want.

and just close out tab and open another next time I want to post pic. I haven't had any up for more than few weeks, so don't know if they're out there forever or not.

Site has some ads, but no popups or malware, that Norton has freaked about anyway. Pic above was from cloud, while anyone can save pic, it doesn't have your IP embedded, at least as far as I can tell, someone better with computers, could say for sure.

Edited by RobertMT - 16 August 2017 at 20:49

Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 09:59
Ok thanks ,I'll try to get this all down. Tongue
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 10:37
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 10:39
Ok I got it,I was trying to load the address in the link place ,didn't work ,have to copy and paste it right to the reply.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 10:57
That seems to work!   The dude looks a lot like John Wayne!

Edited by BEAR - 17 August 2017 at 10:58
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 15:27
When you click on pic in post, it takes you to site, with full sized pic, which also shows you some bonus scenery.

Edited by RobertMT - 17 August 2017 at 15:29

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic