The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting > Small Game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Holiday coyotes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holiday coyotes
    Posted: 28 June 2017 at 10:12

I'm hoping the crowds of weekenders will be at the " hot spots" with there families this weekend and not in the river brakes calling coyotes.

Wind looks good ,no recent rains to muck up the roads, temps should not be killers.
A buddy and I are planning a few day calling trio out east Mt.
Long drive very primitive probably infested with coyotes ...
I'll let you know. D
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 16:57
GOOD LUCK! WILL be waiting on pictures and story.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 00:34
We are expecting more record rain/thunderstorms here in
the east this weekend.

Good luck.   Is son back from fighting fires?
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 02:13
Originally posted by BEAR BEAR wrote:

Is son back from fighting fires?

No. When there sent out it is for 14 or 21 days at a time.
I can't even imagine that kind of work. 18/20 hours a day 14 to 21 days straight!!!

Edited by d4570
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 04:02
d we are just   tooooooo old.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 17:15
been raining here too for several days....one tornado
set down about 100 miles south of our place...small
damage to house and barn down there no folks hurt.
haven't seen a coyote since I left MT several days ago.
How bout you D????
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2017 at 15:00
We made 12 sets this weekend.
Day starts out at 3:30, one of the joys of summer in Montana. A 100 mile ish drive and got to see another spectacular sun rise over the brakes.

The wind was almost calm, not as good a thing as one would think. Till it gets around 3 or 4 mph it will be temp and terrain driven. Meaning cool air runs down hill hot air runs up the coulées , yup it swirls all over the place. I was very glad to have my thermicell on too as the bugs where a buzzing.
Set after set no takers getting hotter, but we kept grinding them out. We had a few trash talkers yodel back but nothing in view.
Finlay at mid day we had one come in, but it stop short at around 350 yards and lay down and took a nap !!!!
We could see it plainly in out scopes just laing in the shade of a sagebrush. Nothing I tried made it stand , a few sounds made it lift its Head a time or two but a siesta was on its mind, not a fight. I whispered to my buddy to try to wiggle around and get prone and take a shot.My buddy took a shot and missed , dang it!
We did see a ton of antelope and deer on the trip.
Some of the goats where easily 16" bucks , for this part of the state that is a VERY nice antelope.
White tail and Mule deer in every coulée . One muley running across a wheat field that looked like a caribou!!! . I took a GPS on that one I think it will be my opening day hunt!
Saw this little bugger along the way...

We did get a good sun tan , 95* .

Edited by d4570
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2017 at 12:01
Sounds like another great trip D. Where were you at?

That almost looks like my neck of the woods.

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2017 at 15:21
Missouri river monument
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic