The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BSB First Stop > BSB Announcements, Suggestions, Site Assistance and Tech Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Posting pictures and links

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posting pictures and links
    Posted: 03 April 2017 at 12:43
I switched to Google Chrome as a browser a while back.
Every since then I have been having trouble posting
pictures or links. Is anyone else having this problem?

If I use Internet Explorer I don't have any trouble at
all.

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2017 at 15:48
I don't have near the "issues" posting links, on other boards as here, pics are limited here, to a degree, but doable.
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

NRA Benefactor Life, GOA Patriot, SAF   

Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2017 at 16:27
Robert,

Are you using google chrome?

Wing master
I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2017 at 17:12
no just commenting, this site in general, is harder to post links on.
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2017 at 19:10
I used to be able to post pics on this site but not
lately...either forgot how or whatever and I too use
chrome for browser last couple yrs or so.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2017 at 02:37
Wing, same problem here.

I use to post links, even clean up links of other posters.
same with pics.

changed to Chrome as I had virus that was EI linked.

Now with Chrome no pic no links.

Our software is ancient and has not been, updated!
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2017 at 16:33
I guess it's not just me.

It's not that big of a problem to open the forum in
Internet Explorer to post a picture or link.

Wing master
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2017 at 18:08
a computer guru told me it's best to NOT use Explorer as
it has billions of users and is most attractive to
hackers....so odds of getting an issue is greater with
it than stuff Like Chrome or Firefox or some others.
Anyone else hear that?
Why did some of you switch to Chrome anyway???
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2017 at 18:25
I switched to chrome because a lot of the web sites I use
dont work as well with Explorer.

I've not heard of that but it makes sense.

Wing master
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2017 at 19:23
I used to use older version, of browser, because it wasn't target of viruses. Since I've updated, last few times, attacks are more common, software catches most and I've learned to protect important stuff.

The worse one's get into e-mail address books and spoof your contacts, with e-mail that appears to come from you. Only contact I have in address book is 111111@AAAAA.com and myself. I'll either get undeliverable mail alert or e-mail from myself and I know it's time to run more aggressive cleaning software.

BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2017 at 01:34
I changed because of the virus on IE (latest version).
Since I went to chrome...no problems.
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2017 at 09:07
Hi, guys -

This isn't a total solution, but....

If you upload photos here (using the button above that looks like a tree with an UP-arrow), they have to be 100KB or less in size.

I usually just host my photos on Photobucket.com, which works for what I do. If you do that, you need to upload the photo to photobucket. Once you do that, it will show you the photo with several different sharing formats. You want to COPY the format that begins with the letters "IMG" in brackets and ends with "/IMG" in brackets. Once you copy that tag, then all you need to do is paste it into your post at BSB. To me, this is the easiest way to do it. Photobucket is a free hosting site, so no cost involved.

Google Chrome and IE tend to be really crappy with this software - if I remember correctly, FireFox is as well. Having said that, the two procedures outlined above SHOULD work with any of them.

No real solution, yet - unless we an come up with about 90$ per year to host the forum at WebWiz. Rusty (TexasShooter) and I have been talking about the fact that this has to happen sometime in the near future. I know he's working a bit on the best way to make this transition whilst keeping our 14 YEARS (!!! !!!) of history intact. It's not anything that seems to be urgent or require rushing, but it will eventually happen. Once that happens, the site will be more user-friendly.

One problem, of course, is that the idea of the internet forum is fading, and fading hard. The primary reason for this, of course, is Social Media (FaceBook etc.). A few years ago, I did create a BSB Page on FaceBook, just for the hell of it, and I would invite all who have the misfortune to be on FB to go ahead and join up on that. I haven't been too active on it, but if we get a few more people on it, then the activity will build up on its own.

You can find it by doing a simple search of "baitshopboyz.com" of FaceBook.

NOTE - I fully intend to keep the forum running as long as possible - and longer than that - but, the FB page can be a good fallback in case anything happens.

Edited by TasunkaWitko
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2017 at 09:19
I forgot to mention - regarding the links, I'm still trying to figure that one out. When I post a link, the software - for whatever reason - chops it up. It is indeed a pain in the ass, I will agree.

The only solution I know is to use the link-posting button, which looks like a planet earth with a couple of chain links on it. You hit the button, add whatever text you want to show (it can also be the link itself), hit the OK button, and then paste the link in. Hit the OK button again, and that "should" be all there is to it:

The BSB Forum

Be sure that the (http) thing is not repeated when you paste the link.

Once you get a feel for how the code itself looks, it is often easier to simply type it in code format, but maybe that's just a computer nerd thing....

Edited by TasunkaWitko
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2017 at 10:34
New software.... GREAT.

I'm sure we could find $90 a year, we like this place.
maybe with new software we could build a larger base, and
grow.

thanks for the reply.
Hope to meet you at MYGAWDS...I'll buy.

Edited by BEAR
lizard View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2017 at 11:08
On FireFox

Using Firefox I send my camera/phone  photo to my e-mail in the small size.  Then I bring it up in my e-mail and click the down arrow on the photo to download it.  Then I go to BSB and click on the Image Upload box  second from top right and scroll down to downloads.  When I find it then just a click and it pops up.

Any way, that's the way it works for me.  Let me know If it works for anyone else.
Trigger Control is knowing when not to pull it.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2017 at 12:10
That cute thing doesn't look like a Fox nor a Fire????
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic