The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Head for the Hills! > Transportation in the Outdoors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

More materbug hull pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More materbug hull pics
    Posted: 21 August 2016 at 13:03

The space between the cats will be covered as well as the cats with waterproof Danner Nylon fabric.
Mostly water sealed a lot like a person in a Kayak, I'll have a windshield on both cats where we will sit.
The back part of the cats beside the motor ( hand cart for now )will be filled with foam and the space between the cats will also have a Pillow the full length of foam encapsulated in the Nylon fabric . The expanded aluminum will be what we walk on and stow freight like decoys .I'll have the 15 gal gas tank and battery on the drivers side and two seats on the other.
????

D

Edited by d4570
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 13:38
I can save you some headaches, learned from Pickle Forks, lot of years ago. You're better off with two small gas tanks, than one large one. Until you get your balance figured out, mounts that allow flexibility, in positioning, would be good idea. You won't have the horsepower or speed of drag boat, but if you're out of balance, you'll still have performance issues.

Think or it, like on your big boat, sometimes you need to either move load or trim motor, for balance to improve performance. It would be easier to shift couple of 6-8 gallon tanks, than one 15 gallon. If only two people, one tank each side, one person, both tanks off side, head wind, move them forward or aft as required.
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

NRA Benefactor Life, GOA Patriot, SAF   

d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 13:44

I'm planning on putting ailerons ahead of the air rudders behind the prop ,to adjust the attitude of the boat.

D
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 23:03
looks good. Robert's idea two tanks is a good idea.
doubt you will need 15 gallon, extra weight, but with
two 6 gal each with 4 gallon would let you balance.

looks from picture you are building some 'toe in' with
the hulls, good for stability.
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 04:47
D;

If you hit something & rapidly slow down, I can see that
expanded metal in front of the seats becoming very
uncomfortable! Might want to pad it with some of that foam
pipe insulation or other protective device.

900F
Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 07:14
I just layed it on as a visual aid.
I don't know where it will end up on the cats.
samchap View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samchap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 14:38
d, it's a little late to be asking this but are you
talking to anyone who has air boat experience? That might
save some heart ache and other aches later on. The
question came to mind reading the Mrs's body language.
samchap - Waldoboro, ME

Be careful what you decide to not like. Your wife may wear one. Your son may ride one. Your daughter may bring one home. You may have to have one someday.
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 01:03
YUP.
Asking all over the net for help and info. I think I'm smudging most of what I been reading in to a workable plan, at least in my mind...
PS that is my D-I-L not wife she is one of my $$$ backers , even worse the a wife !!!!

Edited by d4570
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 02:35
are the pontoons going to 'toe in' for stability?
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 02:56
STABILITY!! WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKINK STABILITY!!!

900F
Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic