The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Optics, Gear, Calls, Clothing and Other Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

LaCrosse boots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Administrator
Administrator
*AKA The Flying Gun*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deaddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2016 at 06:37
Strange but true.
Endeavor to persevere.
Goatlocker View Drop Down
.223 Remington
.223 Remington

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goatlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 01:04
Surprised none of you guys have mentioned "Russell" of WI. Very well
made boots and moccasins made to order. Not cheap but highly
regarded.
Goatlocker
Give me a fast boat for I intend to go in harm's way.
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 21:19
I contacted Courtoney Boots. After a bit of groveling and begging, they seem to be interested in my boot design. Seems that they aren't a custom boot shop....however, the thought of a US market that has a need for insulated boots would mean a big increase in sales. My thoughts of Thinsulate in a 1400 weight, composite toe with the extra toe overlay kinda struck a note with them. I'll keep you posted on how this progresses.

J
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
.223 Remington
.223 Remington

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goatlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 04:01
Extra toe overlay seems to be popular with the boots designed for use
in Africa. J, have you checked out those very styles that Russell
makes?
Goatlocker
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 04:33
I did actually. In business since 1898! I liked the Joof boot concept but it would still need the composite toe,(deadfalls and rocks everywhere here), and something better then the 400gr of Thinsulate that they offer. For the price....the Courtoney is the better deal...even if it's not "Made in the USA". Boot will be pulling double duty for me. Cold weather game hunting and heavily insulated with composite toe for high voltage work in freezers. Think -10*f for 10+ hours at a time. I was even considering another set of Wesco's Volt-toe, but once again 2x the money and I really don't need that much of an expense if I can help it. Mistress needs more money at the moment as well and kinda weighing the options. IronAge used to make a good miners boot at 1000gr.s with the steel shanks and toe but not in composite which is what OSHA requires now for any electrical work.

I also go with the glue on toe protector. Extends the life years!....that and lotsa boot oil.

J
.223 Remington
.223 Remington

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goatlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 13:01
Long hrs at -10 below makes me think bunny boots are in order. I wore
those in antarctica for long stretches at a time, plenty warm but heavy
and cumbersome.
Goatlocker
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2016 at 04:42
Yup. or even Muk's. Neither are good for my environment though. Always liked the Muks
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2016 at 06:48
Settled on 1200 grams of Thinsulate. They said they would give it a whirl as long as I supply the Thinsulate and the toes........ever try to buy just composite toes?.......I think I have a set in my chicken teeth box, now where did I put that?
.223 Remington
.223 Remington

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goatlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2016 at 11:27
Hmm, i imagine any good saddlery shop or shoe repair shop could take
an old pair you might have around and use as a template to cut out
some new pieces for the toes from select material. Where though does
one buy
the thinsulate in that small a batch I wonder.

Edited by Goatlocker
Goatlocker
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic