The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BSB First Stop > Welcome! NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

New here from NY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MapleHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New here from NY
    Posted: 05 January 2016 at 03:05
Hi all, I found out about this site from the guys at the Handloaders Bench, thought I'd check it out. I'm from Central NY
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2016 at 03:12
YUP!
Welcome to the shop.
Lota gun talk here too
AND we talk about airboats, well I do anyway!!
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2016 at 04:46
Welcome Maplehill, been reading your posts on HB.

Lots of the same crew here, I think they wre a spin off of here. Where more 'chatty', a little more hunting and sociable oriented.

For a lot of years I use to hunt and fish the Genesee River valley; shooting a lot of woodchucks in the bean fields.

Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2016 at 09:09
Hey There welcome from Tenn.
God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2016 at 16:25

Welcome from the great state of Wyoming.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 04:26
MapleHill;

And welcome from Montana! Uh, you're from central park in
NYC!? They let you have guns there!!?

900F
Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
MapleHill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MapleHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 10:57
Originally posted by CB900F CB900F wrote:

MapleHill;

And welcome from Montana! Uh, you're from central park in
NYC!? They let you have guns there!!?

900F

LOONG way from that up here! Bout 6hrs south of here to the Big Apple! More like the Big A$$ Ache for us
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 14:40
Welcome!
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 16:20

I have heard New York isn't as bad as we westerners think. It's NY city that I wouldn't have much use for.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 04:15
Fella's;

Yeah, but NYC is the PCP crazed monkey that drives the rest
of the state.

900F
MapleHill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MapleHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 06:19
Originally posted by CB900F CB900F wrote:

Fella's;

Yeah, but NYC is the PCP crazed monkey that drives the rest
of the state.

900F

Unfortunately, we can't seem to get a politician voted in from up here. Always outnumbered by the PC down state nitwits! I have traveled around the country quite a bit, living in TN for a while, while in school and where I am from is not much different from many parts of the country, very low population density, lots of woods and farms. The NYC rat race is a long ways from here, but their political chokehold is not.
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 08:10
Western NY went strong for Hillary 8 years ago. Then went for Obama. You would think that people knew the squeaky wheel gets the oil, then they would not vote for the democrat, and then that portion of the state would $$$ during the term to 'buy' votes in the next election.

Lots of states are now ruled by the big urban cites, to the detriment of the complete state. Pennsylvania has it Philadelphia, NY has NYC, Maine has Portland, Illinois has Shakeytown.

So the wealthy, yuppies, welfare folks rule.   sad
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 15:03

Wyoming isn't ruled by our big urban cities. We don't have big urban cities.

We have 500,000 people in the whole state. I prefer to keep it that way.

Wing master

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 05:54
Wing;

That's rampant out of control growth. In 1978, when I went
to the Indy 500, I can remember that the announced track
attendance, slightly over 400,000 people, exceeded the
total population of Wyoming at that time.

Bring back traditional Wyoming winters, that'll run all the
Johnnie-come-lately's out!

900F
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 11:28

I am not a fan of cold weather, but that's a good idea 900f. We have had a few "transplants" during the last two oil field booms.

I remember back when I was growing up it wasn't unusual to see 20 or 30 days with the actual temperature never getting above zero. And as you know, the windchill was a bit lower than that.

Wing master

BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 13:32
It gets windy in Wyoming???????
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 16:45
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2016 at 01:12
Nice.........but true!

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2016 at 01:35
Fella's;

At one time I know you could find a bumper sticker in
Casper that read:

CASPER WYOMING cast iron kite flying capitol
of the world.

900F
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2016 at 08:20

I heard a story about when they were testing the DC-9 airplane they took one to Casper. They wanted to test under high wind conditions. after it sat there for a month or so the wind finally quit blowing enough that they took off and never went back.

Wing master

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic