The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Handguns, Pistols and SixGuns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

It called out to me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It called out to me
    Posted: 12 January 2015 at 05:47
I been looking for a small pocket gun for,just running around town and keeping close . I had a little S$W Bodyguard in .380 that I sold off just way to tiny,felt odd . So I been looking for a few months,and my favorite gun store had a Sig P232 sitting in the case for all that time,never paid it much mind,thought it was just a tad to big for what I wanted. Well was I wrong ,I picked it up and what a sweet ,sweet little gun. They made me a super deal since they've had it for awhile,I put a ,CLIPDRAW on it,and I take it everywhere,half the time I forget I have it on me. And for a .380 I can actually hit with it .

http://clipdraw.com/

God,Mother,Country,and Hot Rods. Done with political crap.LOL
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 06:07
Tikka;

That looks remarkably like a Mauser HSc, and I'm sure that's no accident. But I'll bet dollars against dead rats that it wasn't in the price range of an HSc either.

I presume it's also a .380? I know what you mean about the "tiny" factor, the Ruger LCP I've got is in that category too. Pity the SiG's aren't left-friendly, otherwise I'd be tempted to take a look.

900F
Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 07:23
CB this is what I had and the baby Sig is what I was looking at when this one said my name. Yes it's a .380 .

BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 10:09
tough to beat a 380, and even tougher to beat the Sig. Must admit after shooting a few hundred Obama rounds in a Sig in 357Sig; those have been talking to me.
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 11:42
Tikka;

Well I'll be dipped, double-battered, & fried! I just went over to Gun Broker & looked up both the Mauser HSc & your new SIG. Hard to tell what a good price is on either of them, the numbers are all over the place. I saw a $300.00 to $400.00 swing! I honestly thought the Mauser couldn't be had for under about $800.00 these days.   But that's why I always check before writing one.

900F
Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 13:20
What are Obama rounds ,Bear ? Ya I think she gave me a good deal $400,I'm happy.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 13:46
tika...the Sig is really neat looking ...and sounds like
it too shoots good too, at least for you. always a good
thing to have confidence in your carry piece.

Ruger has a revamped 9mm....LCPs-Pro...nearly as small as
the LC380 but no external safety levers....see in link
below....

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/?p=73977/?
utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=swile
y&
utm_campaign=20150110-chronicle0110-
rugereliminatesexternalsafeties

Edited by Irish Bird Dog
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 16:17

I think you did good Tikka. What is the magazine capacity? Does it have a safety?

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 03:40

Wing it has something called an,automatic firing-pin lock, and a de-cocker. they only way it can be fired is by pulling the trigger. Here's what Sig has on their site.

The SIG SAUER® P232® is a small and lightweight pistol. Chambered in .380ACP and featuring a fixed barrel blowback action, the P232 is one of the most reliable back-up pistols available with a well-earned reputation as a rugged, accurate shooter. Its proven design of perfect balance, smooth contours and rounded, snag-free edges make it ideal for personal protection. It’s the pistol’s small size that makes it easy to carry concealed whether in a discreet holster, purse or on the ankle and yet the outstanding ergonomics of the grip design allow for comfortable shooting even in large hands. At under 19oz in the Blued version, the sleek single-stack P232 is a pleasure to carry throughout the day. No wonder it’s one of the premier off-duty guns carried by federal agents and law enforcement professionals today.
Item Number 232-380-BSS
Caliber .380ACP
Triger Pull DA/SA 10.0 lbs/ 4.5 lbs
Overall Length 6.60"
Overall Height 4.70"
Overall Width 1.20"
Barrel Length 3.60"
Sight Radius 4.70"
Sights SIGLITE® Night Sights
Weight w/Mag 18.5oz
Mag Capacity 7 Rounds
Grips Hogue® Finger Groove Rubber Grips
Finish Nitron®
MSRP $809.00
CA Compiant No
MA Compliant No
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 16:14

Thanks Tikka.

That sounds perfect for the job you got it for.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 05:20
Wingmaster...check out Brownings new Black Label 1911-380
based on a full sized 1911..but about 15% smaller, sorta
like your Browning 1911-22 concept.....same controls etc.
One claim is that JB designed the .380acp cartridge from
scratch and it is 85% the size of the .45acp...hence how it
got it's size.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 14:47

That does look pretty cool IBD.

I think it is very similar to the 1911-22. It looks kinda fun.

Wing master

Tikkabuck View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
**Robert E. Lee IV **

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tikkabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 16:41
I looked for one of those,really hard to get right now,most likely cause there new.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic