The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BSB First Stop > Welcome! NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

introductions -

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 13:29

Welcome David. I hope to see ya around here. and maybe at MYGAWDS.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Tim@montana View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim@montana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 16:34
My name is Tim I live in Columbia Falls MT. I was born in
1958 in Washington state. I moved to MT in 1994. I have 3
grown kids and 8 grandkids.I love to hunt and fish. I had
to take an early retirement due to a head injury.
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 15:25

Tim;

Welcome to the baitshop.  There's another member of the site in Columbia Falls also.  He's RobertMT here.  Glad to see you here & I hope to see you posting. 

Have you been introduced to the sport of "gopher" shooting?  Reason I ask is that as a member of the baitshop, you're automatically invited to the MYGAWDS annual event.  That's in the Great Falls area, involves a relatively lightweight .22 rimfire, lots of ammo for it, and a willingness to meet strange and somewhat wonderful people.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 18:07

Welcome Tim.

Jump on in. Their is a good bunch of people around here.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 17:02
hey Tim welcome aboard

Edited by Irish Bird Dog
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
jsgbearpaws1 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 16:51
Hello all! Jay from PA here, formerly of Montana. Kinda the been there, done that guy. Just like everything about being outside in the real world. Been a lurker for awhile and figured I'ld get off the fence as this seems a good forum.
...oh yeah! thats gonna hurt!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 04:16

Welcome all.  been off the board fishing for a month or so.  Nice to see new members.  Great if you can make MYGAWDS this year.

jsg.  what side of the Appalachian mountains are you on?

Igbo Foo View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
.14 Flea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igbo Foo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 10:52

I heard tell he's some kinda Penn-Tuckian hillbilly what's right in the middle of 'em.

foo

Edited by Igbo Foo
Wombat Snorgging: Australia's mystery perversion, Elvis's secret shame.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 18:43
Yup! Sit right on the Eastern Cont. divide. Little place called Blue Knob. Kinda rural yet I can get to a decent sized town in 30 minutes. Decent hunting and fishing for all enthusiasts and lotsa trails and twisty roads for those who like to ride. Turkey population is up  as are the woodcocks and grouse, predators are moving away, deer are sizable but not plentiful, and the bears grow big! I'm always up for fellow sportsmen to hang a hat and join me if they get  the time.
Jay
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 18:44
CB told you about my still huh?
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 03:26
How-DEE!
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
Twisted10 View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 04:46
Hi gang.

Name is Brandon and im in the wonderful state of NY.

Jay and Jim put me on to the site. I love guns, bikes and just about all
types of hunting. I own a business and work a lot. I also have a wife
and a young son. I do not like long walks on the beach.

:)
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 05:41
....Short walks and holding hands? Glad to see you made it.

So you finally up for the story of the bullet-proof buck?
Twisted10 View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 05:58
Originally posted by jsgbearpaws1 jsgbearpaws1 wrote:

....Short walks and holding hands? Glad to
see you made it.So you finally up for the story of the bullet-proof buck?

Sure.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 06:59
Well, the last Sat,(one you missed), I told you about the big drives we put on. After the third drive and only one shot taken in anger,(clean miss),(wasn't me), we all stood on a trail and discussed the next plan of attack. Spotters where in the valley floor below and we had heard deer but couldn't see any. As we waited the tales were big and ribbing of how outta shape the young pups were compared to us older guys,(they were massively hung-over), good times for all. I heard a snort! Looking to my left shoulder I whispered"buck", and everyone ducked behind a deadfall on the trail next to us...cept me who stood still. Deer are so stupid! 4 rifles snuck over the trunk of the tree with me 5 yds. behind them. The nice 130 class 10 pt. walked down to the trail looking straight at me, close enough to hear his breathing,(20-25 yds, but the guys still claim it was 40+),all the while staring me down. He raised and lowered his head a couple times and did the ole' leg stomp. I kept thinking to myself....are these guys just gonna watch this guy or shoot him. All at once 4 safeties clicked off and the battle commenced! He stood still for the first 6 shots and then jumped a little to the right and sauntered off in a hurry. 16 shots in total......not even a hair was disturbed on his old hide. I laughed til it hurt then laughed some more....you should have been there. The trees are full of lead, probably enough to survive a nuclear blast now. As I had already shot more then my share, a typical 8 and 9 along with the B&C 130 class 8 pointer I sent the pics of, I just drove for the guys. We had deer everywhere running and none of the guys could hit to save their lives. Last drive of the day, my BIL and I hoofed up the opposing ridge to a huge field and jumped a group of 5 doe, 4 were big and one yearling. We chased them over the side and down towards the others. The last war of the day ensued. When the smoke cleared and ears quit ringing......the little yearling was the only casualty!....kids....it was small enough he threw it over his shoulder with one hand and carried it out. I gotta quit hunting with kids. shoulda been there!
Twisted10 View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 13:31
Lmfao.

Ive been known to take out a few trees. 2 years ago i popped a doe
opening morning. 5 minutes later an 8pt walks in and stands 50yds
from me. Boom. A branch in the tree im sitting in falls to the ground. I
wanted to throw my rifle at him as he ran away.

Im hopeful to make it down this year. I was sick as hell last year when i
finally planned to come.
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 14:13

Tveested!

Manly men do got get sick.  Closest dey ever come is to drink many-many tequila an' have oral sex wit toilet.  An' you need to go to Tell Us How You Foun' Dis Plase t'read.  But you jus' tel how you got dragged into de asylum ya?

900F

Edited by CB900F
Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Twisted10 View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 15:47
I was sick, very sick when Jay asked me to come. I was forced to stay
home from work. My son caught something then passed it to his
mother and I.

I dont quit often, but i cldnt get off the couch for 2 days. Im sure
working all the time doesnt help much.

Now what do u need me to do, tell ya how i got here?   
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 16:02

sounds like the classic PA rifle shooters.  760/7600s in 30-06.  shoot as fast as you can pump.

"16 shots in total'"  from 4 shooters.  Problem solved you all need to get 300 RUMs...more POWER.

Important question...what where they drinking th night befoe...I want some!

.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsgbearpaws1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 18:19
Well they all turned around and looked at me holding my guts with tears coming outta my eyes like it was my fault they missed! As the excuses flew, I kept it up,(I know I'm an asshat but it was funny), when finally one of the pups said"well why didn't you shoot it"? Then with a serious look I smiled and slid my .375 H&H with muzzlebrake off my shoulder and said,"Did you really want this goin off just behind and over your heads"?, "I got mine already, that was for you guys to shoot"......pups!

Boilermakers of JD and PBR......yikes!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic