The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SouthPaws > The Left-Handed Sportsman
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

I’m Gonna Be Smithing.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 08:13

Are you two trying to twist my chain???

Yes we fish, every buddy does it...

And yes she out fishes me but so does every one else around here. But I try to keep it to Sundays

Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 11:33

Bear,

What model is that J-frame? I think you will enjoy it.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 04:50
the one I'm carrying is the airweight 442.  It is DAO with no hammer spur to catch on arm sling or cast.  It is heavier in the sling carry than the Beretta, but 'looks' like a real gun.  The Beretta handles better,except for getting the safety off.  And shooting my weak hand, the Beretta is more accurate for me.  But for defense, the close range woould make 4 fast 38s, something to be dealt with!
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 05:12
so Bear what ammo are you using in the airweight?, and enlighten me again as to why you handicap yourself with only 4 rds in a 5 rd capacity cylinder?  to lighten the load on the sling????  it is designed for 5....

oops.........looks like we strayed from the original post theme....

Edited by Irish Bird Dog
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:23

When I went looking for a revolver for ccw I was looking for an Airweight 442. I am not sure what happend, but I ended up with a model 60. Probably six of one and half a dozen of the other but I did like the longer grip on the 60. All my fingers have a place.

I also would fill all the holes.

No Brass left behind.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 12:18

Yep, 4 shots top is empty.  resaon, ben doing it for 45 years, dah.  Keeps the weight down.  If I can't hit a dude with 4 rounds at 2 yards...I deserve what comes.

60s are very nice, got one.  I liked the no hammer spur.  442 is VERY difficult to shoot accurately, takes work. 

By the way I shoot target reloads with full wad cutters, best knock down power in my book.  BS doesn't matter inside 4 yards!!!Wink

.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 14:12
Bear said..........."Yep, 4 shots top is empty.  resaon, ben doing it for 45 years, dah.  Keeps the weight down.  If I can't hit a dude with 4 rounds at 2 yards...I deserve what comes."

.............so what if there are 2 or 3 of them? & they are 7yds away?

The weight of that one extra cartridge won't be 'nuff to worry 'bout, time to learn new habits 'ol pal....so's you can get older.....
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 15:04

Is the 442 a .357 or a .38?

Wing master

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 00:41

Well if there are 3 of them, I always just beat the shit out of the first 2 and only use the gun on the 3 and fourth.

Remember, CCw is a defensive thing.  What if I'm attacked by half of the red Chinesse army?  High cap pistols were made for LEO, military, and bad guys.

carrying 10+rounds in a CCW is just an other reason it will not be there when you really need it.  JMO

Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 11:58
Originally posted by BEAR BEAR wrote:

carrying 10+rounds in a CCW is just an other reason it will not be there when you really need it.  JMO

I agree Bear. Thats why I am interested in the 442. The model 60 is not very heavy, but the 442 is lighter.

Wing master

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 02:22

I've had the 442 about 10 years.  no problems.  I did test it shooting thru the pocket.  because it is hammerless there is nothing to catch upon.  I used and old coat...you do get some smoke/burn on the coat; but no fire.

After 5 years of carrying it my brother got one, it is his favorite carry gun also.

I'd like if the took a J-fram like the 442 and fitted it with a smaller diameter cylinder, chambered for 32 mag and only 4 shots.  would be a great, in-your-pocket carry piece.

.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 03:53
....... Apologies to CB....seems some unscrupulous persons (Bear, Wing Master and IBD) hijacked his thread....apparently those three have no manners or couth!  
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 04:14

couthless   that is us.

or was that toothless!Big smile

Igbo Foo View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
.14 Flea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igbo Foo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 11:52

Both.

FOO

Wombat Snorgging: Australia's mystery perversion, Elvis's secret shame.
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 13:32

I resemble that remark.

Wing master

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 13:21

Fella's;

You too Bear.  If'n somebody wants a scope mounted on a certain firearm, it would be wise if this thread returned to it's roots.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 17:43
Originally posted by CB900F CB900F wrote:

Fella's;

You too Bear.  If'n somebody wants a scope mounted on a certain firearm, it would be wise if this thread returned to it's roots.

900F

Well now there CB how has the 'smithing going on the CZ....get the bolt apart and back again with no problems?  Did the trigger kit work as expected? 

anonymous

OK fellas lets see if 'ol CB picks up on this return to the roots of the thread...hope that scope gets mounted where it's supposed to...

Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 01:16

mea culpa

Sorry

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 16:14

Fella's;

The scope got mounted on "Blondie" just fine.  I've heard that the new owner is happy as a hog in high mud with it too.  But, what's the feedback from other interested parties back east?

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 02:45

Blondie is working on ammo type and the mildots for 100 yds.  Still my favorite girl...but I'm fickle.

wind at the range has been bad for 100 yds with 22 rf.

Now in Rochester NY for friends 50th aniversary...Blondie stayed at home this trip.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic