The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Head for the Hills! > Camping, Hiking and Backpacking
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Topic ClosedMy stove design

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NH_Hunter View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka The Kid

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My stove design
    Posted: 18 July 2003 at 00:30

Still working on getting the welding lessons! Its amazing, i work at a place where we do a lot of welding, and yet i havent had lessons yet even though i keep asking. I havent given up though!

NH_Hunter

Leverguns make me smile
Proud Left Handed Shooter
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2003 at 17:34

Hey NH,

Hows the stove coming? I am paitently waiting.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
NH_Hunter View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka The Kid

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2003 at 10:08

Hey Foxer, i just may do that if the design works well enough. I am going to try and get the materials and start construction this next week. It seems like it would work in theory, but i wont know if it works in design yet.

If I did start a stovemaking company, all bsb members would get a discount!

NH_Hunter

Foxer View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2003 at 09:19
Sounds pretty rockin! That kind of thing often sells well up here - guys like 'em for their wall tents. Perhaps you'll start a custom campstove company :)
NH_Hunter View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka The Kid

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2003 at 19:36

It is amazing what you can do at 2:30 AM if you put your mind to it. I just designed a stove that has an oven and a stove top. It has two separate fireboxes, the one beneath the oven has a volume of 180 cubic inches, and the one under the stovetop has a volume of 81 cubic inches. The two fireboxes are welded together, but have a wall inbetween each other, so if you only want one of them on, you dont have to have the extra heat. On really cold nights, you fire up both of them. The doors are a unique design that i can up with myself. On The left side of the door, the door is on a hinge that is tight. Directly under the door are pieces of metal that help hold the door up. The latch is connected to the door on a round piece that it can spin on and it when you want the door closed, you rotate it until it is in a piece that holds it. If you are lost by know it is ok, i am trying to explain this and i am not very good at explaining things. The oven is another seperate piece that is welded ontop of the larger firebox and it has a simple door and latch system. The door opens down, so then it is easier to slide stuff in. I will take pictures of the prototype when i am finished.

NH_Hunter

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic