The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FireArms, et cetera > Handguns, Pistols and SixGuns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

.22lr Colt 1911 handgun.......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .22lr Colt 1911 handgun.......
    Posted: 29 October 2010 at 16:43
Any comments???????????

SubscriptionsAbout UsAdvertise

Umarex USA Introduces .22 LR Colt Government 1911 Series

Thursday, May 13th, 2010 at 7:59 pm
Tags:

Umarex USA Introduces .22 LR Colt Government 1911 Series

Colt 1911 Rail Gun in 22Lr

Colt 1911 Rail Gun in 22Lr

Umarex USA

Umarex USA

FORT SMITH, AR --(AmmoLand.com)- Umarex USA, the leader in firearm replication, introduces the Colt Government 1911 chambered in .22 L.R.

The dedicated .22 long rifle (LR) platform is a new, licensed reproduction available in three rimfire variants—Government models 1911, 1911 Rail Gun, and 1911 Gold Cup

Umarex USA introduced the Colt M4 and M16 Tactical Rimfire replicas in 2009 and is continuing its relationship as United States importer for Colt .22s manufactured by Carl Walther Germany under license from New Colt Holding Corporation.

Adam Blalock, President and CEO for Umarex USA said, “.22 caliber pistols are utilized for their cost economy and target shooting capabilities. Our team is absolutely stoked about this opportunity to offer shooters a high quality authentic Colt 1911 .22 pistol! And the timing couldn’t be better, with the 1911 celebrating 100 years.”

All three Colt Government rimfire models are dedicated .22 L.R.s, but they’re engineered in true replica form with fully functioning thumb and grip safeties and the 1911’s authentic half-cock mechanism. Grips and sights can be interchanged with after-market accessories and the barrel is threaded to accept a suppressor. The Rail Gun incorporates original features like a skeleton trigger, combat-style sights, beavertail grip safety, extended thumb safety, and a commander-style hammer.

“There are already a couple of .22 caliber 1911 pistols on the market, but none bear Colt’s trademarks, full functionality, and quality,” said Richard Turner, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Umarex USA. “If the barrel size was the same, you wouldn’t know the difference by just looking at it.”

The new Colt .22 replicas will be available through select distributors, local firearm dealers and some national retailers beginning in November 2010. They will come with one 12-round magazine and retails will range from $399 to $450 depending on the model.

Colt 1911 22LR Pistol

Colt 1911 22LR Pistol

For additional information visit www.Colt22Rimfire.com.

Umarex was established in 1972 as “Uma Mayer Ussfeller GmbH” and served the market for tear gas and signal pistols followed by air rifles. After acquiring Reck Sportwaffen Fabrick Karl Arndt, they reorganized ultimately under Umarex. The company’s Reck PK 800 enjoys worldwide acclaim and appears on the market as the perfect replica of the Walther PPK. Umarex has now become the largest maker of replicas by offering numerous German-made air guns, tear gas, signal pistols and replica firearms. Umarex is Europe’s largest marketer of air rifles and Umarex USA is North America’s fastest growing airgun and replica rimfire gun company. Umarex USA markets their airguns, airsoft, paintball and rimfire products under famous brands such as Walther, RWS, Smith & Wesson, Browning, Heckler & Koch, Ruger, Beretta, Colt, Magnum Research and others. For additional information regarding Umarex USA visit www.UmarexUSA.com.

Distributed to you by - AmmoLand.com – The Shooting Sports News source.
Tags: , , , , , ,
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 17:23

Looks good. I would recomend the one without the accessory rail. Unless you plan on using accessories it will make finding a holster that it will fit good alot harder.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 17:32
finding holsters for LH shooters is hard 'nuf......I don't care for the accessory rails anyway & not on a .22LR for sure....never saw one but it looks interesting....I have a Colt ACE .22LR conversion on a Colt lower now.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 01:13

Remember these are just replicas, not true Colt made guns.  Made in Germany by an air rifle company.

Yes, they have the colt logo and trademarks.  they are really only licensed products..not true Colts.  They will never have an collector value.

As a shooter, I'd consider the Ruger a better gun.

But it does look nice.  Especially if you like the 1911 look.

CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 01:46

Fella's;

I agree with Bear that it'll be highly doubtful that it'll ever have Colt collector's value. 

If you want a .22 shooter on a 1911 platform, there are two ways to go:  A.  Get one of the popular top-end conversion kits, such as the ACE, Kimber, Ceiner, etc.  B. Get a Chiappa .22.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 04:00
..." B. Get a Chiappa .22."   Have you ever handled on of these CB???

They look and feel pretty low end quality & have "pot" metal in the construction.  Never shot one tho.

The "BB" gun company makes a darn nice looking/feeling M4/M16 Colt replica and the German maker is quality too.  I would opt for this one (not handled even) over the Chiappa version having handled it but not shot it.

The collectability of it being a "Colt" is not the issue but just for a shooting plinker & most certainly the Chiappa will never be in the collectable arena.  As noted previous post, I do have a Colt Ace conversion unit already on a Colt frame...it is far from perfect and has it's share of feeding problems even with it's own magazines.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 04:43

IBD;

No, I've not shot either contender.  I have handled the Chiappa, but haven't even seen the Umarex.  The Chiappa isn't even pretending to be what it isn't though.  After all, just look at the pricing of both.  The Colt, according to your post above, should retail in the $350.00 to $400.00 range.  I see the Chiappa selling on line for around $270.00.  That's a substantial difference.  I guess the question is:  Do those four capitol letters, C-O-L-T, make that much difference?

It'll be interesting to see just what the Umarex will actually go for in the real world of across the counter gun sales.  The Chiappa I note, does have a couple of on line reviews stating that the reviewer was very happy with the accuracy.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Kingpin View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka Old IronSides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 16:25
Being the owner of a Colt Ace conversion, I kind of like it, after I fitted it that is. It's a smooth operating, accurate shooting, accessory. I also bought a conversion kit recently for my SIG P226. It runs like no conversion kit I have ever seen and is very accurate too. It has adjustable sights on it too. It's a handy training tool because, like the 1911 conversions, it's the same frame and the grip is identical for the gun when changed back to the original caliber.............................................Kingpin
There are times when a normal man must, spit in his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
North Logan View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka The Legendary Lawman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote North Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2010 at 09:57

Saw this post & since I haven't posted on here in awhile I thought I'd chime in....

I've seen that Colt and even Browning will be offering dedicated 1911's in .22lr coming out.

I've seen & handled the Chiappa.... my assessment is it's a piece of chia-crappa!

Now there is a nice dedicated 1911 .22lr out already..... it's the GSG 1911 .22lr. Comes out of Germany and is imported into the USA by ATI [American Tactical Imports]. They are coming into Canada as of this past Spring via a Canadian importer "Blueline" out of Vancouver, B.C.

I picked one up a couple months back. It came with real nice checkered double diamond hard wood grips that harkens back to the original Colt 1911's of ~ 100 years ago.

I changed out the set on mine for a set of black synthetic soft Hogue panels. So far I have ~ 1,300 rounds thru mine & it runs like a champ! It seems to really like econo American Eagle 40 gr hi-vel round nose lead ammo. So, being a "practical" guy I stick with what works...

I can also tell you I also have and have had, for many years, a real deal Colt .22 conversion unit. Right now I have mine set up on a SA GI frame that I built up with my own parts. The Colt unit runs great, however as many of you that have them know, with the floating chamber they must be kept clean and free from fouling to run well. I will say as much as I love my Colt unit I am also really liking this GSG 1911 .22 lr as well. The GSG 1911 .22lr pistol retails for ~ $379 Cdn up here [come with one magazine] and spare mags are ~ $30 Cdn.

My Colt .22 conversion unit as it looks these days:

Another interesting little tid-bit that I found out, because I've tried it myself.... the GSG 1911 .22lr 10 shot factory mags work with the Colt .22 unit! The GSG mags are plentiful & retail for ~ $30 ea up here in Canada whereas the real deal Colt mags are very, very scarce and when found very, very expensive!

Anyway.... that's my .02......

Regards, Marcus.

Edited by North Logan
"COLTS & PONY CARS"...
Kingpin View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
aka Old IronSides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 14:25
NL, I'm thinking I like that GSG. Just may have to get me one. What do you recon they run? Lately, I have a thing for .22 handguns and have been buying them up as I see them. Finally got that 6 shot model 17 I have been looking for, along with about 8 High Standard auto pistols of different variations. Yep, getting .22 pistol heavy, but, I ALWAYS have room for "just one more." I sure like the looks of that GSG.......................Kingpin
There are times when a normal man must, spit in his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 17:33
Just found this on line...another opinion/comparison of sorts....we report U decide!  I think the Chiappa is remenisent of the old Marksman BB pistol........the GSG seems to put the Umaex "Colt" German copy to shame too.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

GSG 1911-22 Pistol vs. Chiappa 1911-22, you get what you pay for

Damn. Just when I was thinking I was through buying handguns for a while, guess what comes in at the gun shop where I work?

A 1911-style .22LR pistol that's not a piece of junk. It's the new GSG M1911 with wood grips, one of three models made in Germany by GSG and imported by ATI of Rochester, NY.

It's got ambi-safeties, a big plus for lefties like me, plus a genuine grip safety, dovetailed sights front and rear and an adjustable trigger. You might say those are pretty standard features for any 1911-style .22LR pistol, but they ain't.
Let's take a look at the previous first entrant in the field, the Chiappa Model 1911-22. It's made in Italy and imported by Chiappa USA and has a rudimentary dovetailed rear sight, fixed front sight, no grip safety, no ambi thumb safety and a fixed trigger.

So if you want to adjust the sights, and according to all reviews I've read, it consistently shoots high, you have to file down the front sight. Not good.

The GSG 1911-22 not only has dovetailed sights front and rear, they give you two extra front sights in the box to adjust up-down for point of aim.

And I've handled both and I gotta say, the Chiappa just feels cheap and the GSG feels very nice in the hand. Both have alloy slides and frames, but the Chiappa is made of something they call "Chippalloy" which looks like pot metal to me. Every new one I've seen came out of the box with at least one blemish in the finish, which is available in black, tan or OD green. The GSG has a nice black finish with no blems outa the box.

The "cheap" Chiappa is selling for $269, the GSG 1911 with wood grips is selling for $330. Looks like $61 well spent to me. I've already got a .22LR slide for my Sig P220 SAO .45 ACP pistol, but I may not be able to resist one of these really nice GSG 1911 .22 pistols for long. It's true you get what you pay for. And in comparing these two 1911 .22 pistols, I think you get far more than $61 extra value with the GSG.

Edited by Irish Bird Dog
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Peterbh View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2010 at 18:28
There is a German 1911 at the Portland shows for $299 and $329 depending on the dealer. Kinda interesting.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic