The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Head for the Hills! > Camping, Hiking and Backpacking
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Kifaru gear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Muleskinner View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
AKA The Crotchety ol’ Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muleskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kifaru gear
    Posted: 27 June 2010 at 04:32
I had a walled teepee, can't remember who made it.  It was comfy, and fit in a pannier real well.  Damn bear made garbage out of it on my 2nd trip with it.  He got inside and got into some canned peppers.  I guess he didn't like them because he proceeded to exit through the side of the tent and throw everything out he could, including my stove and pipe.  Great to be able to stand up, but not very useful without a pack animal.
Mule
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 17:21
I must live to far in the sticks....never heard of that gear.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
daniel77 View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 03:46
I posted this on AR as well, but figured maybe some here aren't on there, so here goes. I've recently become interested in upgrading the tent that my son and I use. I'm somewhat interested in the Kifaru 8 man tipi. I really like the ability to stand up or lounge in a chair in case of bad weather, and also the stove. The weight and portability are good as well. I'm not so sure about not having a floor though. I realize that in many parts of the country, that this is common, however, down here we are pretty darn damp and humid. Anyone here have firsthand knowledge of Kifaru gear? Thanks in advance.
Am I gonna have to shoot that for you?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic