The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Head for the Hills! > Transportation in the Outdoors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Cylinder Index Fraternaty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2015 at 09:32
IBD;

Are/were Mazda's outlawed in Wisconsin?

900F
Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2015 at 11:05
Wankel had lobes in their combustion chambers no cylinder (circular tube) with a piston moving up n down? lobes just moved around in a orbital spin????

I think I saw a few RX models under dust in CB machine barn!
MtElkHunter View Drop Down
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MtElkHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2015 at 07:56
Jeez that is actually spooky... 51 for me
SW Montana
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2015 at 16:40
Originally posted by CB900F CB900F wrote:

IBD;

Are/were Mazda's outlawed in Wisconsin?

900F

Not that I ever heard...do they have a wankel type engine?

bear....It is a combustion engine so I'd think it would
count...the wankel I mean.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2015 at 16:43
UPDATE ON MY CYLINDER INDEX COUNT

It is NOW @ 52
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2015 at 16:59
Fella's;

Some models of Mazda did have the Wankel rotory engine in them. I believe at one time, there was a sedan with it, but as the engine is not fuel-efficient, that was dropped. Then the only Mazda it was found in was the RX-7 sports coupes. They were thirsty, but they also could haul ass.

The Wankel was invented in Germany, and I know that the German NSU cars were produced with it in them before Mazda bought the rights to it.

Suzuki also bought a license and did produce a rotary engine motorcycle that sold here in the U.S. Ultimately, the RE-5 was a short-lived model, I remember that it just didn't sound right. Motorcycles should sound like they've got pistons in 'em, not rotors.

The odd thing is, motorcycles are largely incorrectly named. Motors are electric, engines are powered by a combustion process be it internal or external. Internal is the common car engine we're all familiar with. Besides BEAR, who knows what an external engine is? Nonetheless, the vast majority of the powered two-wheel critters should be called engine cycles, not motor cycles. Sad to say, there are now some actual motor cycles and they sound like DD's beanie propeller with asthma. I'm sorry, but an anemic little whir does not stir the blood.

900F

Edited by CB900F
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2015 at 03:01
The big advantage of the Wankel engine was its smooth low vibration; and it was quiet and light weight!   I always thought motor cycles, lawn mowers and outboard motors were perfect application as gas mileage isn't a concern.

sealing rings were a real problem, so they burned a little oil, probably with emissions why they died.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2015 at 07:48
Originally posted by Irish Bird Dog Irish Bird Dog wrote:

UPDATE ON MY CYLINDER
INDEX
COUNT

It is NOW @ 52

revision to UPDATE

"FOUND" 5 MORE cylinders.....actually just missed them in
the recount....don't know how I could tho....they are
both
motor(engine)cycles out in the open in the garage!

Cylinder count now at 57

900F...nice history of the wankel
......you too bear

Edited by Irish Bird Dog
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2015 at 05:12
Well, after I cussed the infernal combustion engine, I must apologize to Mr Briggs and Mr Straton.

We have had little snow this year, about 3" to date. But thought it wise to use the blower to clean drive of latest 1.5 inch.
ever Oct I change oil and gas and run for a while.

Well, it was -2 with wind, and I leave the beast outside with out heat nor cover. 10 years ago I converted it to AC electric start. It started right up and ran fine.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2015 at 17:17
with you there bear....electric start for snowblower is a
nicety for the arm and shoulder in below zero temps. Mine
came with the electric 110V starter....& of course the
Light...can now see in the dark to blow snow. The
snowblower is of course one of my cylinder index count.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 03:23
Fella's;

One of my two snowblowers has the 110V plug-in start. That's the Craftsman that we bought about 4 years ago. It does a 26 inch wide swath, & really a pretty good unit. The other one is 12V and a real PIA to use, but when ya need it, nothin' else will do! It's a McKee Sno-Lander & whomps out an eight foot swath. But it's sure an orange screaming b!tch to hook up to the John Deere! And ya better do that little chore before the snow flies.

900F

Edited by CB900F
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 10:11
CB what type engine does it have B&S or Tecum? I may have motor and parts to convert to 110 ac.
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 12:03
BEAR;

The McKee is a PTO drive from the John Deere. I can't tell whose engine the Craftsman has in it, but I know that Sears didn't make it. Could be any one of several suspects.

900F
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 16:27

You guys really are high tech. This is my snow blower. I have a second one as a back up just in case my helper shows up.

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 17:35
Very nice! I hope you are paying scale wages for that
pretty help!
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 16:20

We both get paid in cookies and hot choclate.

It don't get no better than that.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
CascadeFlyer View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CascadeFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 13:55
Garage Logic. Joe Soucheray, of course.

The chain saw counts. Special rule for Wankel engines: One cylinder per lobe, so I think that's three per row. Some have multiple rows.

Sixty one. No Wankels. Never do by hand what you can do by burning fossil fuel.
The reason for the 2nd Amendment is so that we can keep all the others.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 17:13

Originally posted by CascadeFlyer CascadeFlyer wrote:

Garage Logic. Joe Soucheray, of course.

The chain saw counts. Special rule for Wankel engines: One cylinder per lobe, so I think that's three per row. Some have multiple rows.

Sixty one. No Wankels. Never do by hand what you can do by burning fossil fuel.

so Casscade flyer how do you know of Joe Soucheray????? you from midwest or even MN or WI in particular?
I accept your definition for the wankel engine cylinder count
gas chainsaws for sure count....anything with a piston and gas powered engine

Edited by Irish Bird Dog
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
RobertMT View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 18:03
Since you're excluding diesel engines, why not just call it, a sparkplug index?
Want to stop Drunk Drivers, from Killing Sober Drivers? Ban Sober Drivers from Driving. That's how Gun Control Works.

NRA Benefactor Life, GOA Patriot, SAF   

CascadeFlyer View Drop Down
.243 Winchester
.243 Winchester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CascadeFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 01:03
Yes, currently in MN, aka "The Republic of Minnesota" or "Moscow on the Mississippi." The place is just a little bit left of Marx. Although (somewhat surprisingly) the concealed carry rules are pretty good. At least you can go in a restaurant that serves alcohol. That's an MT law that needs a little tweaking. But I digress ...

As for diesels, who says they don't count?? Of course they count.
The reason for the 2nd Amendment is so that we can keep all the others.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic