The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Head for the Hills! > Transportation in the Outdoors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

Cylinder Index Fraternaty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cylinder Index Fraternaty
    Posted: 20 April 2010 at 15:00

Time to put some excitement into this here Transportation post.

Background: A radio show host in MPLS, MN has a show called "Garage Logic" and it is for only those who have garage logic ie common sense hence only real conservatives are usually allowed to participate. 

Now for an explanation of what we can do here on BSB to have some fun.

The program we, THE MOST DARING, are about to embark on is, for all who wish to participate, to go out to your garage etc and do a cylinder count of ONLY gasolene powered engines.  For example to get to your total cylinder count find all your gasolene powered engines and count the cylinders ie push lawnmower usually 1 cyl., riding lawnmower could have 2 or more cyl., chainsaw 1 cyl etc., you get the idea, car/trk could be 4,6, or 8 or even 10 for some Ford trks of years past. 

If you wish to participate to see who has the Highest Cylinder Index, head out to the garage/barn/yard/cabin etc and begin the count.  It has been suggested that one must have at least an equal number of cylinders as his age to be normal.  Yes, you can count the wifes lawnmower, snowblower, rototiller, car etc. as your cylinders IF you do the maintenance and not her.  Oh, don't forget the outboards and lawntrimmers, leafblowers and so forth. Oh yea, these cylinders must be in a running engine to be qualified for the count.

Ok, I gotta got begin my count so you do yours and lets see what comes of this.  May the best man have the most Cylinders! 

Gentelmen it's time to start your.........CYLINDER COUNT!..........

Edited by Irish Bird Dog
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 15:13
35 if I include the chain saw.   I feel younger already,LOL
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 15:54

Dang, I only have 27. and that is counting a chain saw.

I guess I am one of those manual labor kind of guys.

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
Irish Bird Dog View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 15:55

IBD checking in with Cylinder Index of 46....and that is counting 4 chainsaws...boy I am really feeling Younger.......

edit = added the last chainsaw

Edited by Irish Bird Dog
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
deaddog View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
*AKA The Flying Gun*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deaddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 16:33

31, I'd have 18 more if I could count the diesels and stuff that doesn't run.

DD

Endeavor to persevere.
Rockydog View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 17:28
20 for me. Including my wife's car. Unless chambers count as cylinders.   RD
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
d4570 View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 01:17

HUMMM

29 is what I have,with the leaf blower and generater.

Edited by d4570
Remember: Four boxes keep us free ,the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, AND the cartridge box
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 01:50
36   I forgot the weed whip.
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 02:41

Fella's;

I win.  I don't have a count, but I don't believe I need one.  You see, there's the ranch, with all 108 years of buying things with engines.  None of which were ever thrown away.  Ever.

Besides which, there's the not inconsiderable number of cylinders I've managed to aquire on my own.

900F

Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 02:45
If cylinder count is indication of age, I now understand your avatarLOL
MtElkHunter View Drop Down
.375 Holland & Holland Magnum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MtElkHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 07:50
Damn.... 51
SW Montana
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 11:33
Originally posted by CB900F CB900F wrote:

Fella's;

I win.  I don't have a count, but I don't believe I need one.  You see, there's the ranch, with all 108 years of buying things with engines.  None of which were ever thrown away.  Ever.

Besides which, there's the not inconsiderable number of cylinders I've managed to aquire on my own.

900F

CB.........remember the cylinders have to be in WORKING MOTORS not dead motors........ie when you hit the starter or turn the crank the motor runs.......

RD...nice try old boy but.......your mentioned chambers are inside cylinders and cylinders we are counting are inside motors and thats the kind we is meaning........

Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
soggyshooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggyshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 11:37
Hmmm...22
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 17:46
Well, lets put this back in the mix and see if anymore BSB guys/gals have a "cylinder" index related to petro powered motors
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2015 at 06:30
Bump......no one else on
here has any cylinders?
Come on folks....fess
up.....see first post for Basic
rules....then get to counting.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2015 at 09:01
I have 16.

do wankel engines count.

Edited by BEAR
Wing master View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
AKA StraightShooter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wing master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2015 at 09:29

I would like to update my cylinder count. I now have 33.

Wing master

I have always considered myself to be quite the bullshitter, But ocasionally it is nice to sit back and listen to a true professional......So, Carry on.
CB900F View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Honor, Integrity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CB900F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2015 at 09:32
IT'S ALIVE!!

Fifty-seven, and I may have missed a couple.

900F
Birth certificate!? He don't need no steenkink birth certificate!!
BEAR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2015 at 11:13
Few of my cylinders are Massey Fergison but they are all MFs.

electric without batteries is king.
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
Too many

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Bird Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2015 at 09:28
Originally posted by BEAR BEAR wrote:

I have 16.

do wankel engines count.

well, it is a rotary cylinder, triangular in shape I think
is the "piston"....so should count as at least one/ Only
Wankel I ever saw was in the old line of Scorpion
snowmobiles.
Irish Bird Dog

NRA Life/Endowment

2nd Amendment Supporter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic