The BaitShop Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Library > The BSB Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the BaitShop Boyz!

TimberGhozt in Iraq - Needs BSB Assist!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 05:01
ok guys -

i should have PMs sent to everyone who expressed a desire to contribute. if i missed you, let me know.

thanks again!
TasunkaWitko - Chinook, Montana

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen
bkmom View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 12:21
Hey guys were in it the least we can do to repay all the kindness we got you all just let us know when to send it.Dawn&George
bkmom
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 12:54

I am wondering if 7X35's are gonna be enough to do him much good, wouldnt 10X50's be better or even more power?

Just a thought fellas.

Tas Money order on the way same way I sent you the Lee Tool.

Rick

huntin1 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 14:43

PM sent

huntin1

"Never corner something meaner than you"
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 03:52
thanks to all! i'll be sure to contact those who have sent PMs needing the address.

rick - as far as i know, the 7x50s are the ones that we are going to get. the steiner military/marine model comes in three flavors, 7x50 being one of them!

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
hunter-fisher View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter-fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 07:17
 Just read this Taz... By all means. I'm In bud.
Its Not The Kill, But The Hunt.
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 07:18
h-f -

PM sent with mailing instructions! thanks!

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 05:04
hey, guys -

i posted gene a message yesterday giving him several options and asking him what binocs he thought would work best for what he needs to do. he said that all else being equal, the tactical mil 10x50s would work best for him, but he didn't want to be picky.

with that in mind, i think we ought to set that model as our goal and work toward that. i am confident that we can raise the funds.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Muleskinner View Drop Down
.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby
AKA The Crotchety ol’ Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muleskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 13:41
Where we stand with contributions and committments?
Mule
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 14:12

Tas, If funds are short for the 10X50 let me know, I feel pretty strongly about this and will kick it up some more if needed.

Rick

.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muleskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 00:20
No address for the shipping yet?  What about a source?
Mule
7mm Magnum View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7mm Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2007 at 15:42

TAZ,.. just got your PM tonight,... $$ to be sent out to the address you gave on Monday the 6th.

Personally I'd think 10X40's as a minimum power wise,.. another thing to think about is the weight of the glasses. Don't want them to be like a anchor. Those guys have enough weight to lug around as it is. Maybe a bino strap system too,..Just a thought.

I remember all the crap I was suppose to lug around,.. wound up stashin' alot of it most times out and took just the essentials.

Shoot Straight & Stay Safe!
Terry A. Webster

Life Member NAHC
Life Member NAFC
Life Member NRA
Mich. Steelheaders
RMEF Supporting Member
SCI
Veteran US Army 70-72 SGT 1Bn 327th Inf Div

.416 Rigby
.416 Rigby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muleskinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2007 at 08:01
The 10x50 Military R model is $799 at one vendor.  Is that the model we're looking at?
Mule
huntin1 View Drop Down
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2007 at 12:05

That model is $719 at the Optic Zone.

http://theopticzone.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=113

huntin1

"Never corner something meaner than you"
ChoPPeR View Drop Down
.22 LongRifle
.22 LongRifle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChoPPeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2007 at 18:29

The 10x50 Military R model is the one with the range finding reticule.

The 10x50 Military 210 is the one without the range finding retical.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/steiner-10x50-military-marine.ht ml

Just a thought here, may need to ask if the one with or without the range finding retical is preferred. The retical can get in the way sometimes when trying to view objects.

.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7mm Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 03:54

$$ order went in the mail this morning    ,... should be at your PO Box by Friday I'd guess.

Let me know you received it when it gets there.

Terry A. Webster

Life Member NAHC
Life Member NAFC
Life Member NRA
Mich. Steelheaders
RMEF Supporting Member
SCI

Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 04:36
hey guys -

muleskinner - check your PMs.

as for the price, we've got one source that can get them to us for a good price, plus tax and shipping. at the present time, we are 99% confident of our funds. it looks like we're going to have enough when the last of the contributions roll in, with some left over for any unforeseen circumstance or perhaps to get TG some extra equipment that he might need.

a couple of ideas that were batted around were an extra pair of binocs for the guy who is watching TG's back or perhaps a good tactical knife, just in case.

stay tuned for other details as they arrive, and thanks to all!

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Administrator
Administrator
aka The Gipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 05:00
TO ALL -

we are officially over the top and on gene's behalf i would like to thank each and every person who has helped out with this. we are going to get the binocs out to gene, and with the extra funds we will put together a nice package for him with whatever else he might need.

an army ranger who builds tactical knives (i'll get the website to y'all soon) has offered to donate a one to gene at absolutely no cost. when i get the website, i think it would be great if we could trhow a little business his way!

when final contributions are in, i'll post the numbers with an accounting of where everything went. thanks to all, and if there are any questions or comments, please let me know.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
.30/06 SpringField
.30/06 SpringField

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7mm Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 06:37
TOO COOL !
Terry A. Webster

Life Member NAHC
Life Member NAFC
Life Member NRA
Mich. Steelheaders
RMEF Supporting Member
SCI

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 10:12

Thanks for all your work on this Tas, I am glad its going to work out.

Rick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic